All Star Ballot last man in fan voting

North Buffalo

I don't get how the #2 Goal scorer in the league isn't in the all-star game. I don't think he should have been in over Jack, but the 2 of them really deserve it the way this year has been. Last night showed Skinner can (at least for 1 game) carry the team without Eichel.

I voted my 10 yesterday, and I'll try to remember to vote every day, but this is yet another reason why I don't care that much about the all-star stuff. Ovechkin is apparently skipping the all-stars this year, so the Met division will need a new captain.

With Jack's injury I kind of hope he skips too, even if he's back to playing for us by then. Skinner should go in his place.

Edited by SabresBaltimore
with != without

4 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I don't get how the #2 Goal scorer in the league isn't in the all-star game. I don't think he should have been in over Jack, but the 2 of them really deserve it the way this year has been. Last night showed Skinner can (at least for 1 game) carry the team without Eichel.

Given the constraints of the system they have chosen you're left with the choice of putting Skinner in over Tavares or Kucherov/Stamkos.  Obviously we can remove Kucherov from the discussion.  Picking between the remaining 3 is actually far more interesting that I thought it would be before looking up the stats.  Stamkos probably would have been the odd man out if they went with Skinner, but the name recognition plays a huge role there.

4 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I hear ya. When the #2 goal scorer doesnt get to play in the All Star game, somethings wrong with the selection process. In my opinion its due to how the teams are split into 4 separate teams. Our division is stacked with great players where as it stands now, you cant really justify taking one of those players out for Skinner. But when you look at the other divisions team, you could easily find a spot for Skinner there.

Some divisions just have a larger amount of better players than others. I think they should go back to the East vs West format personally. If that was the case I think Skinner gets in.

I tweeted to the NHL last night the same idea, because as a fan what else can I do to bring that up to them?

Dude belongs in the All Star game, period

3 hours ago, MillerVaive said:

I hear ya. When the #2 goal scorer doesnt get to play in the All Star game, somethings wrong with the selection process. In my opinion its due to how the teams are split into 4 separate teams. Our division is stacked with great players where as it stands now, you cant really justify taking one of those players out for Skinner. But when you look at the other divisions team, you could easily find a spot for Skinner there.

Some divisions just have a larger amount of better players than others. I think they should go back to the East vs West format personally. If that was the case I think Skinner gets in.

I tweeted to the NHL last night the same idea, because as a fan what else can I do to bring that up to them?

Dude belongs in the All Star game, period

They can change the format all they want, but at the end of the day, it will remain exactly what it is: an all star game.  By definition, it's pointless.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.