Robin Lehner, league leader, nice turn around season

JJFIVEOH

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Oh boy, the bald faced hornets will be dive bombing now.

I had the same thoughts.  That trade  doesnt look bad if the goalie is capable of these numbers.

As ... posted, wtf is in the water here?

Perhaps there is a river of pink slime flowing beneath the surface of Buffalo and it's being fed by the negative vibes from the fans?  

latest?cb=20100311203609

The underbelly of Buffalo.

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

I think Lehner was mishandled by GMTM, who was way too hands-off (and liked himself a drinkypoo too), and by the time Botterill came here there was no fixing the situation. Moving on from Lehner turned out to be better for both parties.

Not sure how it turned out better for us, but definitely better for Lehner.  I'm guessing it would have better for us had he played this well as a Sabre this season.

6 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jimminy Christmas - I just got oriented to the fact that the guy's faced a decent amount of rubber so far and has a SV% of .932.

So, FGMTM wasn't out of his tree giving away a 1st for the guy?

He never was out of his tree.  A late first/early second was going rate for a potential starter.  Again, Marty Biron for first pick in the second round.

Just think if the Sabs knew he needed help and got it for him!

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

The games I've seen him play he is calm and focused, quiet and serious. Playing really well. Trots is defense and rebound control focused so that helps him, but it's mostly Lehner just playing well. Faced the music, sobered up, woke up, whatever, we were not the only team to think he was trouble to be avoided. Islanders rolled the dice and won. Lucky, but maybe they deserved that after Tavares screwed them. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

He never was out of his tree.  A late first/early second was going rate for a potential starter.  Again, Marty Biron for first pick in the second round.

Just think if the Sabs knew he needed help and got it for him!

I think there’s something to @darksabre‘s theory.

9 hours ago, Weave said:

Oh boy, the bald faced hornets will be dive bombing now.

I had the same thoughts.  That trade  doesnt look bad if the goalie is capable of these numbers.

As ... posted, wtf is in the water here?

Murray's mistakes were almost more about "when" than "what". 

Edited by Thorny

7 hours ago, LTS said:

Perhaps there is a river of pink slime flowing beneath the surface of Buffalo and it's being fed by the negative vibes from the fans?  

latest?cb=20100311203609

The underbelly of Buffalo.

It's an unholy alliance of Lucky Charms, Frankenberry, and Rich's Creamer flowing under the city.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ogre said:

Sorry but.......

Billy Smith was a cheap shot dirtbag.

Could not stand the guy.

Perhaps, but he was an enforcer and a product of the times. 

The first year BFLO had Lehner he reminded me of Billy Smith. Then they neutered him and then he went to rehab. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.