Eichel has an UBI

Brawndo

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

It sure seems like Jack is still not 100% since this UBI or concussion.  It's been described on this board that at times it appears Jack is "floating" around the ice.  Is he playing scared and trying to avoid taking another hit rather that focusing on playing a strong two way game?  Thoughts?

I don't see Jack floating so much as having the puck roll off his stick at the last second.  Jack is crazy good with the puck but lately, he is almost in the clear when he loses control.  For a superior athlete, it seems his motor control is off 5%.  Not much for a beer- leaguer, but the difference between a goal and a loss of possession in the pros.  Now I'm not sure if a concussion can cause motor difficulties, but if it can, and he did indeed have a concussion, that's what I'm seeing from Jack that I haven't seen prior to his UBI.

Edited by Tondas

10 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I don't see Jack floating so much as having the puck roll off his stick at the last second.  Jack is crazy good with the puck but lately, he is almost in the clear when he loses control.  For a superior athlete, it seems his motor control is off 5%.  Not much for a beer- leaguer, but the difference between a goal and a loss of possession in the pros.  Now I'm not sure if a concussion can cause motor difficulties, but if it can, and he did indeed have a concussion, that's what I'm seeing from Jack that I haven't seen prior to his UBI.

Im no doctor, but in my experience this has been the case. 

10 hours ago, IrwinNelson said:

Im no doctor, but in my experience this has been the case. 

In my humble opinion, if he had a concussion bad enough to be causing motor delays, he wouldn't be out on the ice right now. Head injuries, especially now, are being taken much more seriously. 

As for symptoms of a concussion, it can vary, as essentially it's a brain bruise causing symptoms and then subsequent healing, so wherever the damage occurred will take presidence when it comes to symptoms. 

Either way, he looks like poop lately and I'm hoping it's just a slump, but it's really hard to say, he still seems to be communicating well on the ice and etc. So that's a plus

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, realtruelove said:

It sure seems like Jack is still not 100% since this UBI or concussion.  It's been described on this board that at times it appears Jack is "floating" around the ice.  Is he playing scared and trying to avoid taking another hit rather that focusing on playing a strong two way game?  Thoughts?

Floating has been a problem of Jack's for quite some time.  He struggles to play at the threshold of his capability on a consistent basis.  When he is 100% driven and on his game, he immediately stands out and you can't avoid him, b/c he is so talented. 

He has a bad habit of going into invisible mode all too often IMO.

As to how much of this relates, at the moment, to some type of hidden injury, I have no idea whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.