Eichel has an UBI

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Drug addiction is an illness, no?

He was most likely coming down off a nearly fatal overdose of black tar heroin.

I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense in this case if he's "starting to feel like himself" again.

11 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He was most likely coming down off a nearly fatal overdose of black tar heroin.

I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense in this case if he's "starting to feel like himself" again.

We should trade him, then. Not for getting addicted to the sweet sweet H, but for being an f'ing quitter.

Time to just revolutionize hockey and start playing without centers. We'll be ahead of the curve for once and take the league by storm! 

I know we already tried it once but this time it's gotta work.

• Haha (+1) 1

IF he is battling through the presumable back injury, would seriously consider swapping his linemates to more of a defensive pairing (Gergensons & Okposo) to get some additional space for Skinner & Reinhart.  Also presumes opposing coaches will still try primarily to shutdown whichever line Eichel is on.

The question is:  Are the Sabres a better team with Jack in the lineup but injured, or would they be better with him on IR and CJ Smith in the lineup?  (Yes, I know Eich is a much better player than Smith, but what about Jack at 60-80% or whatever he's at right now?  We might actually be better off giving Jack proper recuperation time instead of everyone getting frustrated by his lack of performance.)

42 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The question is:  Are the Sabres a better team with Jack in the lineup but injured, or would they be better with him on IR and CJ Smith in the lineup?  (Yes, I know Eich is a much better player than Smith, but what about Jack at 60-80% or whatever he's at right now?  We might actually be better off giving Jack proper recuperation time instead of everyone getting frustrated by his lack of performance.)

He gets over a week 2 games from now.  They aren't sitting him this road trip.

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Good point.  And if need be, he can sit out the All-Star game.

He can.  And if he & the team decide it would help the team for him to skip the ASG, I expect he will.  Would expect Reinhart to be deserving of getting the nod to replace him, but considering the Adams only has 2 D, would expect Ristolainen to get the call.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He can.  And if he & the team decide it would help the team for him to skip the ASG, I expect he will.  Would expect Reinhart to be deserving of getting the nod to replace him, but considering the Adams only has 2 D, would expect Ristolainen to get the call.

I’m not sure if Jack’s Replacement would necessarily come from the Sabres. When Price announced he would not be going he was replaced by  Vasilevskiy leaving Montreal with no players at the All Star Game. 

I think Marner or Point would go in his place 

33 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Good point.  And if need be, he can sit out the All-Star game.

He'll have to sit out the game before or the game after, though.  (I'd go with the game before.)

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’m not sure if Jack’s Replacement would necessarily come from the Sabres. When Price announced he would not be going he was replaced by  Vasilevskiy leaving Montreal with no players at the All Star Game. 

Probably Rielly so they can balance the roster.

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Is it all players could be replaced by non teammates or just goalies?.  (Can't ever have a repeat of John Garrett replacing Mike Liut & winning the MVP.  For whatever reason the league hates seeing a scrub win a car.)

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

He'll have to sit out the game before or the game after, though.  (I'd go with the game before.)

Probably Rielly so they can balance the roster.

That's how the league addressed Brodeur & others skipping out a few years back?  Interesting.

37 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Is it all players could be replaced by non teammates or just goalies?.  (Can't ever have a repeat of John Garrett replacing Mike Liut & winning the MVP.  For whatever reason the league hates seeing a scrub win a car.)

That's how the league addressed Brodeur & others skipping out a few years back?  Interesting.

Ovechkin just a couple of weeks ago, too.  And I think Crosby was the inspiration for the rule but I am not certain.

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

As others mentioned, he'd be suspended for a game, so I can't see that being the scenario best for the team in all likelihood. Would rather just him dog it at the ASG if absolutely necessary. 

Or in other words, just play exactly as everyone always plays at these games nowadays anyways.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

As others mentioned, he'd be suspended for a game, so I can't see that being the scenario best for the team in all likelihood. Would rather just him dog it at the ASG if absolutely necessary. 

Or in other words, just play exactly as everyone always plays at these games nowadays anyways.

Hadn't realized the league actually finally started requiring players to show up when I wrote that.

But, yeah, float through the ASG should he need to.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.