Eichel has an UBI

Brawndo

55 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So who do we call up from rochester ? 

CJ Smith? 

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Yuck.

Well, put Mitts up with Skinner and Reinhart ?

Let the kid step in.

It's not the worst idea. They need to get him going somehow. The alternative is Reinhart centering Skinner & ________ ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Girgensons is out, Eichel out, we need a center if we are not putting Samson there.

Porter, Criscuolo, Asplund or Malone are the options 

Malone was centering a line with Nylander and Bailey. Its not possible but in a perfect world, I'd call up the whole line. They work well together. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

It's not the worst idea. They need to get him going somehow. The alternative is Reinhart centering Skinner & ________ ?

After Botterill's show of disgust near the end of last season leaving the press box, I have to believe he's got poker's in the fire in an effort to address the issue and get in to the playoffs...…………….at least, I'm more than hoping that's the case.

The thing is, when he makes a comment about not giving up one of the 1st's except for a younger player with term, as I browse through the capfriendly pages, looking at each teams roster, it seems so difficult to pinpoint a player of that description that a team may be willing to give up that could be a good fit in Buffalo. Maybe I'm just using the wrong criteria while I'm looking, I don't know...…..I'm using primarily a "finishers" type of player...……..is that wrong?

I definitely will be looking at the boards input to see where a search can be enhanced or evaluated differently.

21 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

After Botterill's show of disgust near the end of last season leaving the press box, I have to believe he's got poker's in the fire in an effort to address the issue and get in to the playoffs...…………….at least, I'm more than hoping that's the case.

The thing is, when he makes a comment about not giving up one of the 1st's except for a younger player with term, as I browse through the capfriendly pages, looking at each teams roster, it seems so difficult to pinpoint a player of that description that a team may be willing to give up that could be a good fit in Buffalo. Maybe I'm just using the wrong criteria while I'm looking, I don't know...…..I'm using primarily a "finishers" type of player...……..is that wrong?

I definitely will be looking at the boards input to see where a search can be enhanced or evaluated differently.

You aren't finding those players as they rarely exist. It has to be a toxic situation like Evander Kane in Wpg or Erik Karlsson in Ottawa. It happens, just not often. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So...you're looking at wingers?  How about a 2C?  It looks like our top two wingers can't finish without our 1C.  If JBotts finds the right 2C, maybe our second line wingers could finish.

14 hours ago, inkman said:

CJ Smith? 

I really, really want to see Samson at center again. Not certain it will work, but we have not seen him at center since prior to his 2018 "breakthrough." He may have the ability to do a lot more than just be "Jack's winger." When Jack was out last year, he stepped up and was actually controlling the pace of play on many of his shifts.

13 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I sure hope Bailey gets another opportunity

Didn't he start playing hockey relatively late? Who knows, maybe he's a late bloomer

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I quickly read that as "Eichel has UTI" 

My brain 

me too

Edited by erickompositör72

I know that Samson would probably be the better answer at C, but what an opportunity for everyone this is. This is what most have been waiting for. Hear me out....

Some people have been "hinting" that Mitts needs better wingers for his development and the success of the team. Others have been wanting the Sabs to call-up some players from ROC. We've been talking about trades and the deadline. We're even discussing our needs in the draft. They called up CJ Smith.

Well, here's an opportunity even if it's only a few games. 

Put Mitts up on the first line (1C) and see what he can do with good wingers. Then we will all know for sure if he's ready or not. I know he's not projected to be a 1C but even a 2C should be able to "fill-in" for a game or two. It might even build his confidence if it works out ok(yes i know it could hurt as well) an JBot, HCPH, and the fans get to see what we have.

If he looks terrible we can change to Sam, but if they're so content with his progress so far that they haven't done anything more than juggle some inadequate wingers trying to solve the 2ndary scoring issue, then give the kid the chance for a game or two. No one seems to expect us to win without Jack anyway so why not experiment.

It's also a chance to bring up a Nylander or Olafsson just to find out how their progress is going. The call-ups also give JBot an evaluation tool for trades and to showcase some players. You know the fans want too see some of these kids right now and now there is the opportunity to evaluate AND maybe find a way to right the ship. I agree that some of the players in ROC "may" not be ready yet, but alot of us thought that about Pilut too.

Just my opinion on this great opportunity to experiment without that "great expectation" over our heads.

Would like to hear some input but will get the timbers and nails ready too. I don't expect this to be a long term thing as Phil said he didn't think so either, so why not?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I know that Samson would probably be the better answer at C, but what an opportunity for everyone this is. This is what most have been waiting for. Hear me out....

Some people have been "hinting" that Mitts needs better wingers for his development and the success of the team. Others have been wanting the Sabs to call-up some players from ROC. We've been talking about trades and the deadline. We're even discussing our needs in the draft. They called up CJ Smith.

Well, here's an opportunity even if it's only a few games. 

Put Mitts up on the first line (1C) and see what he can do with good wingers. Then we will all know for sure if he's ready or not. I know he's not projected to be a 1C but even a 2C should be able to "fill-in" for a game or two. It might even build his confidence if it works out ok(yes i know it could hurt as well) an JBot, HCPH, and the fans get to see what we have.

If he looks terrible we can change to Sam, but if they're so content with his progress so far that they haven't done anything more than juggle some inadequate wingers trying to solve the 2ndary scoring issue, then give the kid the chance for a game or two. No one seems to expect us to win without Jack anyway so why not experiment.

It's also a chance to bring up a Nylander or Olafsson just to find out how their progress is going. The call-ups also give JBot an evaluation tool for trades and to showcase some players. You know the fans want too see some of these kids right now and now there is the opportunity to evaluate AND maybe find a way to right the ship. I agree that some of the players in ROC "may" not be ready yet, but alot of us thought that about Pilut too.

Just my opinion on this great opportunity to experiment without that "great expectation" over our heads.

Would like to hear some input but will get the timbers and nails ready too. I don't expect this to be a long term thing as Phil said he didn't think so either, so why not?

Hey, why not.  I think they should try anything at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.