CJ Smith recalled from Rochester

Ho-Chi-Sock

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Well, that changes everything.

And if Eichel doesn't go, my interest in the game goes with him.  What a hot mess that would be.

Mmmm, I understand what you're saying, however, aren't you interested to see what the team is like without Eichel out there?  It's going to happen eventually.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It seems most likely that Elie will sit for CJ, which is fine, although I'd be perfectly happy sitting any of Sheary, Mitts, KO or Pommer, and I could be easily talked into sitting ERod or TT. 

I like Elie in there, he actually hits.  That's an area of the game they need to pick up.  Risto hits, and Larry hits, but we need some more on the offense who will hit and make the opposition notice they've been hit.

20 minutes ago, ... said:

Would rather see KO or Sheary sat.  Pommers can still score given the right line mates.

Other than an adrenaline charged 5 minutes when he was bumped onto the 1st line for the end of the 3rd against his former team, there is absolutely NO evidence since the 2-9 game (including 3 additional games on the 1st line that saw Pominville produce exactly 1 assist after that wild Wild finish) that this assumption is true.  Unless we are counting as evidence his deflecting one puck just wide of the post with his skate ~2 games ago.  Guessing that doesn't count as evidence.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Exact opposite for me. Very interested to find out what kind of a team shows up without their captain.

Maybe I don't want to know.

Yes. 

Maybe I don't know jack sh!t but just maybe some others step up and start carrying their weight rather than watch and wait on Jack

1 hour ago, ... said:

Would rather see KO or Sheary sat.  Pommers can still score given the right line mates.

You’re talking the same Pominville who hasn’t had a point in 13 games and has one goal in his past 20?

Sheary (who can skate) scored with Eichel too and Okposo (who can grind) hasn’t been given that chance.

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It seems most likely that Elie will sit for CJ, which is fine, although I'd be perfectly happy sitting any of Sheary, Mitts, KO or Pommer, and I could be easily talked into sitting ERod or TT. 

Assuming Eichel plays I would sit Ellie.   I don’t think he took advantage of the opportunity provided.   I would love to sit Sobotka but we need a C. 

With KO playing with Larsson I would try CJ with Mitts, just to see if new blood can get Mitts going. 

Looking at the mess of a middle 6 I actually like ERod best purely from a work ethic perspective but with Girgs out ERod might stay with Larsson on L4.     

ERod has been working hard, he could get rewarded soon.   TT is also due to have a big game.   Time for that rocket shot to hit target   

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.