GDT - NY Islanders @ Sabres - December 31, 2018 - 6:00 PM - MSG-B; MSG+

Sabres Fan in NS

45 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Robin and Islanders owned us tonite, we are in serious NEED of playmakers. We really look bad now when most teams have found their gameplay.

I see it differently.  We played each other to a draw, except Carter the Hutt let in a softie.

• Like (+1) 3

The Sabres played bad in recent losses against Flyers, Panthers, and Blues.   All other losses since the streak have been in close games, most of them we had leads in.  In some of those losses we played very good hockey ( both Caps games, Leaves game come to mind). 

We are not playing much different than we did in the streak.  I see a few differences such as: Hutton’s game declining, injuries, huge regression in secondary scoring, massive slumps by Mitts/Tage/Kyle/Sheary, puck luck gone (lots of posts), Dahlin coming down to earth, and most discouraging is the ability to come from behind has been replaced by a failure to hold leads.  In some ways we are playing a more consistent game than during the streak but we are not surprising  anyone.  Teams are ready for us and our weaknesses are known throughout the league   

There are very few positives since the streak ended but one had been the play of Uhlmark and another is the coming of age of Eichel.  

What will it take to start winning?

1- Hot goaltending.  We need our goalies to steal a game or two, like Hutton did early in the season. 

2 - Streaky players like Rienhart and Skinner need to get hot again.  

3 - Help from middle 6

4 - Good Luck 

I think we will battle for a playoff spot right to the end.  JBot needs to find a center that is an upgrade over Mitts and Sobotka. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Derrico said:

You’re on notice.......

They have won some times when I start these things.  I swear it.  Look it up  I am in a bit of a slump just like the team.

I will let others try their luck, but I don't think it will matter.  The Sabres are what they are.

The score was 2 -1 last night and then an empty netter.  The team seemed not to play too badly, but they needed to play lights out and they ran into a very motivated goalie, much like ROR against the Blues.

What's up with Eich? 

Onward ...

We are having a NYD snow storm here.  It's beautiful.

Happy New Year!!

• Like (+1) 2

Transformations: Robin Lehner was what Carter Hutton had been for the Sabres, rock-solid. Carter Hutton was what Robin Lehner had been for the Sabres, unreliable. Then when Lehner's mask came off late in the game and the camera closed in, we saw a new man. Hat tip to Weave. It was the kind of moment where sports takes a back seat.

• Like (+1) 2

• SDS unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, jsb said:

Time to ban NS from starting a GDT until we start winning again??

I don't believe that I have anything to do with the recent results, just as I don't think that I had anything to do with the winning streak.  This is the NHL and it is a very, very fine line between winning and losing.

I believe you are suggesting this in jest, but just the same I will sit on my hands for the next month (+).  It will be hard since I have a head start on most of the board being on my own time (AST).

6 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

They have won some times when I start these things.  I swear it.  Look it up  I am in a bit of a slump just like the team.

I will let others try their luck, but I don't think it will matter.  The Sabres are what they are.

The score was 2 -1 last night and then an empty netter.  The team seemed not to play too badly, but they needed to play lights out and they ran into a very motivated goalie, much like ROR against the Blues.

What's up with Eich? 

Onward ...

We are having a NYD snow storm here.  It's beautiful.

Happy New Year!!

Hate to say it because you starting the GDT has nothing to do with them winning or losing, but your record is now 3-4-4.

What can I say. I was bored at work yesterday.

Edited by SwampD
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Hate to say it because you starting the GDT has nothing to do with them winning or losing, but your record is now 3-4-4.

What can I say. I was bored at work yesterday.

Damn!!  3 and 8!!  Yikes!!  Not even close to NHL .500 and never mind Deluca .500.  How many of the  wins were in OT, or SO.  Sheesh.

I have only started 11 of these things.  It seems like a lot more, but I trust your boredom.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Damn!!  3 and 8!!  Yikes!!  Not even close to NHL .500 and never mind Deluca .500.  How many of the  wins were in OT, or SO.  Sheesh.

I have only started 11 of these things.  It seems like a lot more, but I trust your boredom.

The Sabres have a winning percentage of .212 when I start GDTs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

So, since I do not recall you starting one in a long time, it appears that your ass was fired before mine.  Rightly so.

A majority of my GDT Starts came during the 2014-15 Season, so from a certain point of view they where quite beneficial. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I believe you are suggesting this in jest, but just the same I will sit on my hands for the next month (+).  It will be hard since I have a head start on most of the board being on my own time (AST).

Yes that was in jest but just the same we gotta blame someone (whatever that wingie thingie thing you use here)

Isn't that Greenland time?? Or neighbors at the least.

1 hour ago, jsb said:

Yes that was in jest but just the same we gotta blame someone (whatever that wingie thingie thing you use here)

Isn't that Greenland time?? Or neighbors at the least.

There is an Air Force Base on Greenland, which is part of Denmark (no one else wanted it) by the way, which is on our (AST) time.  Other than that ... no.

Not sure who's base it is.

?

16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You need to do the Florida game then.  

Hello.

Yes, operator.  I would like to make a collect call, please.  It is urgent.

Number ... um, I'm not sure.

Wait, wait ... can you look up the number for PASabreFan?

Um, I'm not sure ... PA someplace.

Hello, Hello ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
damn 're' and not 'er' ... damn phone ...

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Thule AFB it belongs to the U.S. 

There you go sticking your nose in someplace that isn't yours ... 

? (in case you can't tell that is the tongue sticking out thingie ... I'm running Windows 7 and on my screen I can't tell what it is).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.