GDT - NY Islanders @ Sabres - December 31, 2018 - 6:00 PM - MSG-B; MSG+

Sabres Fan in NS

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Naw... our GM traded away our top second line center.  Now we are paying the price. 

You are seriously trying to find a reason for losing, with ROR we SUCKED for real, now we actually gaining some points. 
This team needs real players, we have so many AHL players that its sad and still were in the top, imagine if we actually had  some goalscorers. 

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

You are seriously trying to find a reason for losing, with ROR we SUCKED for real, now we actually gaining some points. 
This team needs real players, we have so many AHL players that its sad and still were in the top, imagine if we actually had  some goalscorers. 

It wasn’t because of ROR

• Thanks (+1) 1

No Eichel, no skinner 8 mil a year.   If Eichel is out a few games, let’s see what some of these players do to prove their financial worth.  Easy when one of the best players is there to assist, but lets see where they are without him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

No Eichel, no skinner 8 mil a year.   If Eichel is out a few games, let’s see what some of these players do to prove their financial worth.  Easy when one of the best players is there to assist, but lets see where they are without him.

Hey, I believe you found a silver lining! Skinner and Reinhart won't take up as much future cap space.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

My guess is that Eichel being out is not going to look too favourably on Skinner and Reinhart.

Yet, let’s give Skinner 9 mil. F that. 

1 hour ago, jamiezzz said:

I can tell you the answer with that right now. They won’t do jack sh*t

11 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't like to quote that guy, but ...

WRONG!!

The Snarks, the Peguins and I think some others too

(insert that winkie-winkie thingie here)

You’re on notice.......

Edited by Derrico

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The one really frustrating thing from what I was seeing, was Casey, trying to be too fancy, he gave the Puck away several times in the O zone, and that has to stop, take a shot and get to the rebound. 

ROR punked us and now Lehner did it in our own barn, that would bother me 

If Eichel is out for any time at all, Mittelstadt looks like this season will be lost for him.  He really needs to be able to slide to the 3rd or 4th line.  (& that's not an option if Eichel is out.)  His linemates won't be any better, but he'll be facing guys that won't immediately take away his time and space leaving him the option of dumping the puck to a spot his winger can't get it or trying moves that worked at the WJC but won't at this level.

LT, still expect him to be fine, but could definitely see him having the most disappointing season of anyone not named Berglund.

Darn shame his deflection hit the post, he's at the point he needs a bit of puck luck.

57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If Eichel is out for any time at all, Mittelstadt looks like this season will be lost for him.  He really needs to be able to slide to the 3rd or 4th line.  (& that's not an option if Eichel is out.)  His linemates won't be any better, but he'll be facing guys that won't immediately take away his time and space leaving him the option of dumping the puck to a spot his winger can't get it or trying moves that worked at the WJC but won't at this level.

LT, still expect him to be fine, but could definitely see him having the most disappointing season of anyone not named Berglund.

Darn shame his deflection hit the post, he's at the point he needs a bit of puck luck.

I agree, this is real bad for our savior, lord, stadt. However, Tage looked really good tonight, I am hoping he becomes that big power forward that Kane never could be for us. He's just so bipolar from game to game (much like SS) 

Florida is now a must win, I thought we'd honestly win tonight, 2 bad goals from them, and no eichel. I think one easy glove save and eichel for 60 and we walk away victorious. But that's not the case. 

28 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I agree, this is real bad for our savior, lord, stadt. However, Tage looked really good tonight, I am hoping he becomes that big power forward that Kane never could be for us. He's just so bipolar from game to game (much like SS) 

Florida is now a must win, I thought we'd honestly win tonight, 2 bad goals from them, and no eichel. I think one easy glove save and eichel for 60 and we walk away victorious. But that's not the case. 

Tage did look good tonight.  It's good to get to play against the other team's 4th line.  Builds confidence. Even though he didn't score, (99% sure of that; it's late & can't recall who fed Beaulieu setting up Okposo) he still had plays that generated chances.  Had Mittelstadt been there, that line probably would've been overmatched - Pominville was AWFUL before Eichel went down, but he picked up his game quite a bit after that, but IF they can get 1 of the kids going, they can they try some more mixing & matching to get others going.

And, the loss of Berglund is making it tougher to get other lines going now, even though it's a good thing long run.

REALLY hoping Eichel is back Thursday, 'cause don't have the confidence that there IS a correct lineup when the C's are Larsson, Mittelstadt, Sobotka, & ???.  Not for more than a game or 2 at any rate.  And not confident that if there is a right answer that Housley will come up with it in a timely manner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.