NHL ALL Star Team selected by NHL.com staff

North Buffalo

Jack, John and Steven don't make the team among other notables for first writer:  Skinner and Hutton do for the Sabres

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhlcom-staff-picks-2019-all-star-rosters/c-302478338?tid=277549086

Edited by North Buffalo

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol Domi over Eichel... hahaha hahaha hahahahahaha. I stopped reading at that. Hilarious. 

Well every team has to be represented, so that may happen, although I'd put in Jack and Skinner above anyone else including Hutton.

Don’t they have to take one player from every team in the division?

That means that Fla, Ott, Mon and Det must have an all-star.  

For Bos - both Pastrnak and Bergeron are deserving

For Fla that means Huberdeau or Ekblad or Yandle

For Mon - Domi is their best player

For Det - it Larkin

For Ott - Chabot

Matthews is the Captain.  Kucherov is the leading scorer in the Atlantic and NHL plus Reilly and Chabot who are the top 2 D in scoring in the NHL.

F1 Matthews - C

F2 Kucherov - R

F3 Domi - C

F4 Larkin - C

F5 Pastrnak - R

F6 Point - C

D1 Reilly

D2 Chabot

D3 Yandle

G1 Hutton

G2 Andersen

So here is the problem.  After the obvious picks above, you have 3 slots to add one player from Florida, 1 from Boston and then 1 other players with Tavares, Marner, Skinner, Eichel, Point, and Stamkos.

With 3 Leafs already on the team, Tavares and Marner are out.  Stamkos is out because of Point and Kucherov.  Yandle is having a great season and he is my Fla choice. 

So now the last 2 forward slots go to one Boston forward (Bergeron/Pastrnak) and one of Skinner, Eichel and Point.  At this point, I hate to argue that the NHL picks Point and Pastrnak.  Why Point over Eichel and Skinner?  Easy Point is the top center on the top team in the NHL.  Doubt they have more Sabres then Lightning.  If they choose a goalie other then Hutton, then Eichel or Skinner make the team.  

I hope wrong, but this is how things like this usually work out for us Buffalo fans.  Because Buffalo.

48 minutes ago, jsb said:

Well every team has to be represented, so that may happen

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Don’t they have to take one player from every team in the division?

Are you blocking me?? Or do you just prefer the LGRmaster?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.