For all the moping...

PASabreFan

The Sabres are a win at home against the Islanders (I know) from finishing their fourth 10-game segment at 5-3-2 for 12 points, same as the third segment. And they had 12 and 14 points in the first two segments. A win tomorrow would give them 50 points in the first 40 games. The trendline is worrisome, but overall things are still OK. They just need a couple of wins bridging the old and new year to make everyone feel better.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

No you're right.

There is very little middle ground in sports.  Either your team is very good, or very bad.  Same for the fans.  We all love when our teams are winning, but ready to hate them when they are bad.

The Sabres are doing better than anyone figured.  The 10 game win streak spoiled us as fans and we dared to dream.  The truth is that the Sabres are vastly improved, but still not dreamy.

A win against the Islanders tomorrow will be difficult.  The wins will be harder to come by now.  That means they will be all the sweeter too.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The Sabres are a win at home against the Islanders (I know) from finishing their fourth 10-game segment at 5-3-2 for 12 points, same as the third segment. And they had 12 and 14 points in the first two segments. A win tomorrow would give them 50 points in the first 40 games. The trendline is worrisome, but overall things are still OK. They just need a couple of wins bridging the old and new year to make everyone feel better.

Stealing my mantra? ;)

Yep, as rough as their play has been since THE winning streak ended, they are a smidge ahead of where they need to be at the 40 game mark with a W, and are still exactly where they need to be through 40 with the L.

Getting the W Monday would definitely be encouraging as that will have had every 10 game segment at or above the 96 points through 80 games that guarantees a playoff berth.

I still expect them to win tomorrow.  The MMArena has been a house of horrors for Lehner.  And, I'd expect he gets the start after shutting out the Loafs.

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Stealing my mantra? ?

Yep, as rough as their play has been since THE winning streak ended, they are a smidge ahead of where they need to be at the 40 game mark with a W, and are still exactly where they need to be through 40 with the L.

Getting the W Monday would definitely be encouraging as that will have had every 10 game segment at or above the 96 points through 80 games that guarantees a playoff berth.

I still expect them to win tomorrow.  The MMArena has been a house of horrors for Lehner.  And, I'd expect he gets the start after shutting out the Loafs.

I agree with this. Tomorrow is a big game. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.