Practice Report: Friday, 12-28-2018

WildCard

Wilson could help this team. 

The only players on lines 2 and 3 doing anything are Sheary and E-rod, and E-rod would be better on the 4th line.

I don't expect much from Tage anymore.  Kyle is lost.  Sabotka is a nothing.  Mitts looks not ready for the NHL yet. 

Maybe the rest will help Pommer get his legs back for a few games?  Maybe we put Pommer back with Eichel and try a 2nd line with Sheary-E-rod-Rienhart ? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, darksabre said:

So you're pissed at the 18 year old rookie?

That's silly. As far as I'm concerned the kid has infinite rope this season. 

I know.

How long have you known me?  I'm not upset with him, or the team.  This season has been magical and I certainly did not expect it and am enjoying every minute.

That said, last night was pretty much a stinker and I don't appreciate the lack of effort, so I'm just venting a bit today.  I will be over it soon enough.  I have the dastardly bunch to think about now.  

MORE AVENGING OF PARK!!

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Pilut was rotating into the Beaulieu and Bogo Pairing. And filled in for Risto’s Maintenance Day on PP1 instead of his usual spot on PP2.

Is he going to be a healthy scratch tomorrow or is he returning to Rochester? 

Would make sense for him to bein Ra-cha-cha when he'd be a healthy scratch provided that won't mess with his head.

Except when going up against teams with very large forwards, such as the Blues, prefer him in the lineup over Beaulieu.  So would like to see him & Beaulieu rotating that spot based upon opponent until another D-man goes out.  (Similar to how Beaulieu & Nelson were being used.)  So, don't really have a problem with not messing with Larry's head and keeping him up.  My guess is he stays up.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Wilson could help this team. 

The only players on lines 2 and 3 doing anything are Sheary and E-rod, and E-rod would be better on the 4th line.

I don't expect much from Tage anymore.  Kyle is lost.  Sabotka is a nothing.  Mitts looks not ready for the NHL yet. 

Maybe the rest will help Pommer get his legs back for a few games?  Maybe we put Pommer back with Eichel and try a 2nd line with Sheary-E-rod-Rienhart ? 

Don’t hate that at all... we know the top line produces just fine with Pommer, and maybe, just freaking maybe that can at least create a tiny bit of production from line 2.  Although, I must say, I still see Reinhart has a big nothing burger.  He looks so good because he’s playing with 2 elites right now

I was surprised by the amazing winning streak! There was a great deal of luck involved to go along with the stellar play of the team.

Since then -- the team looks exactly like the team I saw after the first five games.

The team might lose more games then they can win because they will not score a lot of goals -- again this year.

I still have the same challenge with the thinking behind the lines.

I love the defense.

I am comfortable with the goaltending.

I love the potential of the young forwards.

But, I was totally lost with the lines!

Most obvious to me

#10 and #17 have careers that are historically light on scoring -- I doubt they will suddenly get offensive on this offensively-challenged team. (I should never have had to read an article that suggested that either of these players were not going to play on the "second" line -- and I encountered several!)

And, #21 and #29 (short-handed, overtime, series-winner -- against my home-town Ottawa! -- I will always love you!) are probably not going to have a renaissance and maybe should not be counted on for secondary scoring? (Although, #29 looked good with Eichel for a time.)

Maybe it is time to juggle the lines?

I have only two suggestions:

1) Keep #22 and #28 together;

2) Keep #17 and #21 and #29 off the line(s) that you want to see score -- better yet -- if they have to play -- they might make a decent line!

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I know.

How long have you known me?  I'm not upset with him, or the team.  This season has been magical and I certainly did not expect it and am enjoying every minute.

That said, last night was pretty much a stinker and I don't appreciate the lack of effort, so I'm just venting a bit today.  I will be over it soon enough.  I have the dastardly bunch to think about now.  

MORE AVENGING OF PARK!!

Ya know, I'm not one to be suprstitious,... but the losing did start upon arrival of this word on the board.

Just sayin'.

7 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Pilut was rotating into the Beaulieu and Bogo Pairing. And filled in for Risto’s Maintenance Day on PP1 instead of his usual spot on PP2.

Is he going to be a healthy scratch tomorrow or is he returning to Rochester? 

I don’t think he should be sent down yet, but last night was probably the worst Pilut has looked IMHO.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.