March 16 Raleigh meet up?

JJFIVEOH

Anybody interested? I might be considering getting an AirBNB for a few days in Raleigh and catching the Sabres game on the 16th. It's preliminary for now, but I'm seriously considering it I used to hit a few games a year in SoFL, but now that I'm not there any longer, Raleigh and Nashville are my only options. And Nashville would cost half a year's salary for a few days of AirBNB and a couple of tickets. 

Well, if you already got tickets, we probably can't get seats together. But we should definitely meet up before/after the game. I don't have definite plans yet, but if/when I do, it'll be an AirBNB downtown somewhere and either dinner before the game at the arena, or downtown. 

Let me know exactly where your seats are, I'll see what I can do on Stubhub over the next couple of weeks. That's if you want me near you, some people aren't open to meeting others from online, which is understandable. I'm cool with that. I just didn't have a plan to do all this until the last day or two. I figured, now I live in the place where I used to vacation. Now I need to take a few days off away from here. What better place to go than Raleigh to see a Sabres game and get an AirBNB downtown for a few nights. 

Of course Nashville would be better (I don't think there are any away games in Nashville the rest of the season anyways), but making that trip would cost me half a mortgage, lol. 

Well, I'm glad we know which temporary housing website JJ favors.  But will it be a full apartment, or a room in a shared apartment?  Perhaps a bed in a shared room? 

I was going to express doubt as to whether any more new threads are necessary on this, but now I feel like I need to know how this turns out. 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I'm glad we know which temporary housing website JJ favors.  But will it be a full apartment, or a room in a shared apartment?  Perhaps a bed in a shared room? 

I was going to express doubt as to whether any more new threads are necessary on this, but now I feel like I need to know how this turns out. 

Ha!

I've had several AirBNB's over the years. I won't get one unless it's a full house or full apartment. If somebody wants to come in and stay, that's cool. Just not a fan of the owner of an AirBNB staying with me and seeing what I do. I've got a friend who lives about an hour east of Raleigh who might come in for the night. 

Just wanted to bring this up to see who wanted to get seats. Worst case scenario, we can meet during intermission and/or after/before the game. I'm not looking to leave the next day or arrive that day, so we can all hang out and BS. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While I have given up on the season, my family and I are still going to Raleigh and try to root our Sabres on to victory.  Anyone else going?

Sorry, I know I brought this thread up but I've decided not to go. If I went, I;d have to spend 3-4 days there just having fun in the city. Then ticket costs, then gas costs, then Airbnb costs......... I figured it would cost me over $1,500 to go watch a pathetic team. Then are $1 from me. Now that I moved to NC, I'd be interested to go watch any Canes game next year. 

Have fun!

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While I have given up on the season, my family and I are still going to Raleigh and try to root our Sabres on to victory.  Anyone else going?

Unfortunately, I am here right now but I am leaving tonight. 

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

Unfortunately, I am here right now but I am leaving tonight. 

Sounds fortunate to me actually.  But anyway, someone in the area buy this man a beer!

I passed on this one a while ago.  I'm not wasting money on a product that I know I'm not going to enjoy.  My neighbors are having their annual St. Patrick's day party anyway.  It's the superbowl of parties in this neighborhood.

I will pass on this one as well even though it's just a 2 hour drive from where I live. I can't find the motivation to give a damn when it looks like the players don't give a damn even though they get paid handsomely to do so. So I'll spend 50 to 75 cents per beer to possibly watch it on my couch (or watch something better) rather than spend $10 per beer to watch it in an arena, plus parking, gas, and bribing one of my buddies to stay sober and get us home.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Sounds fortunate to me actually.  But anyway, someone in the area buy this man a beer!

I passed on this one a while ago.  I'm not wasting money on a product that I know I'm not going to enjoy.  My neighbors are having their annual St. Patrick's day party anyway.  It's the superbowl of parties in this neighborhood.

I would pass if I had a choice at this point, but I have friends coming to town from Buffalo for the game so we will make the most of it.

We host a St Patty's party at our house every year too, but we had to have it last weekend because we hire a band and they aren't available for a house party on actual St. Patrick's day weekend. Check them out if you're out and about this weekend, they are playing at multiple venues in Apex, Cary and Raleigh, they're called Nine Times Around. I told my wife that we need to scale back in the future though, we had 150 people at my house and I cooked 20 corned beef briskets and brewed 15 gallons of stout. Out of control.

4 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

I would pass if I had a choice at this point, but I have friends coming to town from Buffalo for the game so we will make the most of it.

We host a St Patty's party at our house every year too, but we had to have it last weekend because we hire a band and they aren't available for a house party on actual St. Patrick's day weekend. Check them out if you're out and about this weekend, they are playing at multiple venues in Apex, Cary and Raleigh, they're called Nine Times Around. I told my wife that we need to scale back in the future though, we had 150 people at my house and I cooked 20 corned beef briskets and brewed 15 gallons of stout. Out of control.

Your party sounds a bit more authentic than theirs.  It's more of your typical party food as opposed to the corned beef.  The Guinness on a nitro tap is a nice touch though.  If you've ever been to Tapline, those folks set them up with it.

The one downside to all of this for this weekend though is that my mom set up a memorial mass for my dad on Saturday at 5.  I can't really bail on that, so I have to leave the party very early (hopefully I get back later) and can't really enjoy that nitro tap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.