World Juniors

GASabresIUFAN

14 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

US has 3 golds to Canada’s 2 since 2010.  Canada still produces the most talent but the gap is closing.  

It's tough for these kids to win it every year with the pressure Canadians put on them, much easier for the US kids who outside of Buffalo and a couple other hockey border cities care about or even know the tournament is going on.......

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's tough for these kids to win it every year with the pressure Canadians put on them, much easier for the US kids who outside of Buffalo and a couple other hockey border cities care about or even know the tournament is going on.......

I am not sure about that at their level its easier... game has caught up and Canadians and Russsians are not the only countries with lots of talent and good all year long training.  Its tough to win because there is more competition.

16 hours ago, Derrico said:

Canada Finland tomorrow.  That sucks as I have to root on the Canadians but was hoping Finland went far based on the two Sabres prospects. 

Yeah, mixed emotions. I'm definitely behind Canada but if Finland wins I hope they go all the way.

This version of Team Canada gas not captured my imagination as past teams have. I'm disappointed in the D, I expected big things from Bouchard and Dobson. There's still time, potentially 3 games.

On Tuesday, January 01, 2019 at 8:40 PM, Derrico said:

Canada Finland tomorrow.  That sucks as I have to root on the Canadians but was hoping Finland went far based on the two Sabres prospects.

Looks like you got that wish.

Didn't catch any of the game but heard Luukkonen stopped a penalty shot.  Must have played much better than the other night.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

UPL keeps the Canadians to 1 goal and Finland advances.  Sweden also gets shutout and the Swiss advance.

USA playing well.  However Samuelsson is lacking wheels.  

Who cares? The Canadians, who come here and actively root against the USA no matter who we are playing, are out on home ice in the quarterfinals. It is utter humiliation and it is awesome.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.