World Juniors

GASabresIUFAN

On 1/5/2019 at 5:52 AM, Sabre fan said:

If any of you have a child playing hockey (or any other sport for that matter) you are probably well aware of just how pathetic parents' attitudes are towards their own kid and anybody else he/she may play against. I have sen parents fighting in the stands at my kid's game  (who was only 7 at the time) ! Complete idiots and complete embarassment to themselves and the poor children but it continues to this day. heck my son is now p;laying in a local church league and it keeps crazy too and people in the stands still yell and put down any other player but whoever they are cheering for.

No big surprise Canadians who are quick to jump on and off the  bandwagon constantly would dump on these young guys who player their hearts out and lost on a bad break (no pun intended but the stick breaking that led to the tying goal for Finland was pretty unfortunate and very unlucky.

Well said.  It happens in many sports and undoubtably some of the kids learn to act in kind.  Comtois is getting raked online for his missed penalty shot against the Finns.  Think of how the Chicago Bears kicker is being roasted now and forever for his missed kicks.  And Scott Norwood is endlessly ripped for his infamous missed kick.  Traditionally, the umpires are trashed in baseball.  We all lose in life at something.  We are imperfect animals.

• 11 months later...
27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

In the 8 months since I cut the cable cord, today is the first day I’ve regretted it.

I had to login to my streaming service, buy an upgrade “through the end of this billing service”, and pre-cancel for Jan 9!  I woke up and scrambled!

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

In the 8 months since I cut the cable cord, today is the first day I’ve regretted it.

Tsn was one of the sports packages I sacrificed when my wife downsized our cable account. I’m listening on tsn radio via my google home. The lengths we’ll go to.

Both of you ...PM me your providers and account numbers ..  your commentary means enough to me that I’ll get you an upgrade for the billing period!

3-2 Canada after three straight period 2 goals.   Do these two EVER play a boring game?

• Like (+1) 1

USA parade to the box continues, a dangerous habit.

Missed Russia vs Czech this morning.  The Czechs won a tight one in front of berserk home town fans.   The Russians against a nation they occupied, effectively, for two generations.   Imagine that arena ... 

• Like (+1) 1

Lafreniere was awesome, Hayton the recipient of some great setups.

Cozens on PP1 won some key face offs and was the net front presence. 1 assists but should have been two.

I liked Wahlstrom for the USA, Samuelsson is a shut down type, not a puck mover.

Caufield is a smurf, he doesn’t drive play, just floats around to try and finish. Given room he has a wicked shot, but he was nullified today. Easily pushed around and he played small.

Zegras looks good.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Neo said:

BUMP!     It’s the most, wonderful time, of the yeeeaaaar!   2020 IIHF U20 World Juniors!

I don’t have any must watch Christmas movies, this tournament is my must see TV. Every year.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Missed Russia vs Czech this morning.  The Czechs won a tight one in front of berserk home town fans.   The Russians against a nation they occupied, effectively, for two generations.   Imagine that arena ... 

Not as tense as the 60’s and 70’s but they are probably not buddies.

• Like (+1) 1

USA - Russia, kicking off.   USA lost to Canada, and Canada lost to Russia.  The round robin among the three finishes today.   Russia with a six goal shellacking of Canada in a tourney where goal differential matters.  Highlights of Canada - Russia and the phrase “five in the frame” describing Russian puck support and team defense.  Will we see Cole Caufield emerge?  I like the size, speed and aggressiveness of Shane Pinto, an early tourney “fave” of mine.

Zero Zero end of one.  USA had the better of it early and late, with a 4 minute double minor handing Russia momentum mid period.  Russia showing the snarl it’s shown for the last decade, or so, in this tournament.  Life’s funny ... when I was a boy, Canadians and Americans threw snarl at the ultra skilled Soviets.  The North Americans changed their game and raised their skill level while the disintegration of the Soviet sports machine deprived the Soviets of this advantage.   Now, ultra skilled North Americans meet snarly Russians.  I remember a few years back ..  the Russians were thuggish punks, hardly playing like a team.  I expected camera shots of them grabbing cigarettes and booze between periods.  Today’s team is a real team.

Goalllllllllllll. USA on the PP.  Kaliyev from Zegras.

Goalllll.  USA 2-0 just seconds later.  Robertson. 2 on 1 from the center ice faceoff.  Wahlstorm with the assist.  

2-0 at end of 2.  Soviets getting chippy.  Headbutt to Wahlstrom by a Russian player after words exchanged to end the period. Knight playing very well in goal.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.