RJ leaves Sabres broadcast unannounced

Ho-Chi-Sock

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Santa suit was discussed!

He said he's usually cold in the pressbox but was hot with the suit on and took it off at the first intermission.  My guess is his body started burning calories to stoke his internal furnace and he (to use a cycling term) bonked.

51 minutes ago, Radar said:

It's amazing how much the identity of RJ and the Sabres are so entwined. He's truly the voice of the Sabres.

Rick Jeanneret IS the Sabres. 

He was there before me. As a kid, I fell asleep listening to his broadcasts in bed on my clock radio. 

He’s pretty much a family member to me. I was lucky to go to the game when he was inducted to their HOF with Hawerchuk. I actually had tears in my eyes, which doesn’t happen often. 

• Like (+1) 1

I had this radio in this yellow color! 

I clearly remember lying in bed listening to RJ call Sabres games b/c I was so young, my bed time was before the end of the games but my mom would let me listen on the radio!

I'm a few week away from being 48 now!

9791151096_bf9ba1d9bd_b.jpg

49 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I had this radio in this yellow color! 

I clearly remember lying in bed listening to RJ call Sabres games b/c I was so young, my bed time was before the end of the games but my mom would let me listen on the radio!

I'm a few week away from being 48 now!

9791151096_bf9ba1d9bd_b.jpg

I remember that radio!  My friend Kevin across the street had one.I don't think it had a chain, though.

Edited by Santa Claus

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.