RJ leaves Sabres broadcast unannounced

Ho-Chi-Sock

6 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

It's an unfortunate situation that we all have to accept, just like his family. He's never been a physical specimen and to deal with his health past and the workload.......... we all, and so does he, have to accept the progression of life. 

At his point, it could be a very minor issue and within a month we'll never even talk about it again. But we have to accept the inevitable. RJ is a damn legend. There is nobody that can compare. 

I have to admit, Duffer jumping in without notice, he was pretty candid and knowledgeable. Dunleavy prepares for his games...... Dufffer stepped in without notice and did a hell of a lot better than Dunleavy. He didn't do too much play by play, which is understandable. But, he was candid and pretty comical with Rob. Very entertaining, in my opinion. Probably not the best combo for a full time staff, but still. 

Sabres fans don't need a play by play guy to explain the game, they just need a guy to break the monotony. 

Speaking for myself, RJ is a legend....a naturally gifted PBP guy like a McDavid or Dahlin player.  You have it or your don't.  Dunleavy is probably a nice guy, buy it's like trying to develop Justin Bailey or Nick Baptiste into a premier talent....some talent, but will never be very good, let alone great.

Duffer being pressed into emergency service already showed me that he has much feel and talent than Dunleavy.  I would like to see the Sabres use him for now, but I suspect that would create too many issues and controversy internally.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

He made the New York Times and the Drudge Report. The Sabres word of the year might have to be changed to "stretcher."

I cant resist... now that we know he is still kicking... but “I tell you Rick went down like a wet stack of dishes.”

I’ll happily defer to the docs here, but I wonder if RJ is on a med or a few meds for cardiac type issues. I know my dad, from time to time, gets his meds out of wack and it causes dizziness, occasional heart racing, and consequent anxiety/panic.

God bless RJ!

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

I cant resist... now that we know he is still kicking... but “I tell you Rick went down like a wet stack of dishes.”

The old Playfair line — it was my signature forever before the upgrades.

17 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Who is she?

She looks like how I am told chz looks ...

Watch much hockey?

She's on NBC Sports network now; used to be anchor for years on NESN's excellent Bruins television broadcasts.

PS: Glad to hear RJ is basically OK or close to it.  Can't wait to have him back. All you #&#*O%  kids saying he sucks can go suck a lemon.  Be thankful you aren't listening to John Gurtler do play by play, if you know who that is.

Edited by Kruppstahl
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Watch much hockey?

She's on NBC Sports network now; used to be anchor for years on NESN's excellent Bruins television broadcasts.

PS: Glad to hear RJ is basically OK or close to it.  Can't wait to have him back. All you #&#*O%  kids saying he sucks can go suck a lemon.  Be thankful you aren't listening to John Gurtler do play by play, if you know who that is.

Hope that wasn’t intended to be as snarky as it sounds.

Some of us are from north of the border.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hope that wasn’t intended to be as snarky as it sounds.

Some of us are from north of the border.

Not to mention the hinterland of NS.  We are so far removed easterly that us and the tropical island of Newfoundland should be our own country, well maybe not country.

A bit of historical info ... NS was seriously thinking of not joining Confederation.  At the time we were the economic engine of Canada and the rest of you were a drain.  Imagine that.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not to mention the hinterland of NS.  We are so far removed easterly that us and the tropical island of Newfoundland should be our own country, well maybe not country.

A bit of historical info ... NS was seriously thinking of not joining Confederation.  At the time we were the economic engine of Canada and the rest of you were a drain.  Imagine that.

Stop talking about yourself in the third person, Jimmy!

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

Extremely relieved to wake up to good news about RJ today. I think most of us would consider him pretty close to family given we've probably heard more words from his mouth over the years than some of our actual family. He means a great deal to this city. 

I've thought of this before. There's no way Rick's voice isn't the one I've heard the most in my life. Just count up the hours.

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Stop talking about yourself in the third person, Jimmy!

I've thought of this before. There's no way Rick's voice isn't the one I've heard the most in my life. Just count up the hours.

LOL!!  The first post.  Just call me Jimmy.

This is very true.

Update: feels pretty good, not his heart; a mystery at this point; Santa suit was discussed!; expects to call game next Saturday; Dunleavy spotted at Buff General with the pillow that was stolen years ago.

https://buffalonews.com/2018/12/23/jeanneret-after-health-scare-i-feel-pretty-good-now/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=puma&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1545589607

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.