RJ leaves Sabres broadcast unannounced

Ho-Chi-Sock

I missed the game and only saw highlights; noticed that Duffer was doing the play by play call later in the game but RJ had been doing it earlier in the game on Risto's goal.

I thought "What the hell happened to RJ?" and came here to find out!

Hope he is doing OK and this is just a false alarm type of thing.

Hope RJ is home for Christmas and feeling OK.

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Sabres post game is over.  No mention of it.  

Respecting his privacy and waiting to learn facts.  

I understand all that. Could they not have said something? I mean, the basic facts are out there. A lot of folks, especially older folks, don't live on the Internet. They are in the dark tonight.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I understand all that. Could they not have said something? I mean, the basic facts are out there. A lot of folks, especially older folks, don't live on the Internet. They are in the dark tonight.

Wgr post game did mention it. So there's that. 

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Assuming the Sabres pay for his health care, HIPAA applies.

Hamilton writes that Rick was responsive when he left the booth.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wgr post game did mention it. So there's that. 

I'm not sure of the exact relationship between the team and WGR (flagship station of the Sabres Radio Network), but I think they're a level removed from the team. In this situation, the station's staff acts more as independent journalists, I would think.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

"We know you're all concerned about Rick, and we are too. We'll have an update on sabres.com as soon as possible." ???

Right, if he or his family allows it.  My guess is Rick will want a public statement released ASAP, he's that way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.