GDT - Ducks @ Sabres - December 22, 2018 - 7:00 PM - MSG-B; FS-W

Sabres Fan in NS

I would like to see a new PP scheme. Right now it’s Eichel QBing with Skinner as the slot option or Sam screening Jack’s shot. Let’s try Jack moving it to the corner drawing defenders down. Sam behind the net as an outlet. Skinner low slot and opposite/far side point moving to high slot or backdoor. The idea is drawing the defense low making Risto/Dahlin the shooter. Rebounds covered by Skinner and Jack.

We play heavy on the left side during the PP and when the puck does go to the far side we are quick to move it back to the left. Another option is Sam in the slot with Jack and Skinner on the near and far walls. You have two cross ice one time options and a screen for point shots. Any rebound to the side is for Jack or Skinner. This opens the defensive box and requires quick passing but slower rebound clears. Any other ideas? 

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

This is my annual home game mecca, they better win tonight.

By chance do you mean Hajj?  Pilgrimage?

1 hour ago, SabresBaltimore said:

I'm going to the game tonight, so definitely a must win.

Last game I went to we won 9-2, so obviously I'm good luck. ?

You both better make us feel pride and not shame.

And always remember that if you end up in jail ... just like Woody, we never saw either one of you before.

I also suggest that your one call is to Eleven, although that, apparently, didn't work out so well for Cousin Oliver.

I think PH should go with Hutton tonight over LInus. I think Hutton wants to make up for the gaffe last night and doesn't want to go into the break with that as his last game.  I think he'll be very motivated to have a great game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, hsif said:

Pontus, Hampus, Linus, Rasmus, Zemgus, ............Festivus eve......... tis the season for us to win.

Let's go BUFFALO!

4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

If they don’t win tonight it will be followed by the ‘airing of the grievances’.

Looking forward to Sabres "feats of strength" tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

If they lose tonight, i think playoffs are another year away....

Sportsclub Stats has them at about 82% and that seems about right to me, although it changes quick.

Boston is finishing top 3 in division, and I don't think teams like the Rags or Wings provide a threat. It's looking like it'll come down to the Sabres, Habs, and Isles for the 2 wildcard spots. 

Should be a fun race, and a realistic expectation/hope would be to claim one of those two spots. I wouldn't say the playoffs are "very likely" anymore as seemed just a bit ago, but I still think missing would be a disappointment at this point, given the reasonable race we have ahead of us. 

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Got wings in the air fryer Crispin up nice, homemade Bleu cheese, homemade hot Cajun buffalo sauce for tossin, my recliner all prepped, a blood orange cider in hand, and hoping for 3 hours of entertainment, ending with a victory..... And a happy ending 

Inky 

Not even touching that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.