Practice Report: 12/20/18

LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't think that Girgs and Larry should be torn apart.  Put TT up with Mitts and OK.

I'm all for shuffling lines if it can generate offense.  Zemgus and Larsson's primary goal out there is to shut down the opposing team, so yeah, I don't see where splitting them up adds anything here.  If anything, all I can see with this is that they're distributing the defense across the bottom 3 lines.  I don't see it kick starting anything.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't understand Housely's obsession with 17. He's a disaster anywhere other than the D zone. I guess it's a lack of options. JBot needs to get on the horn and get another forward or two. Call up another kid and get Elie, Sabotka off the ice. Ugh.

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

The bottom nine are a mess right now. Let's get a 2C and call up one of the kids (don't care who).

Yup. Mitts really needs to step it up. I have a feeling he'll be a ton better next year, with a summer of conditioning and lifting under him

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I don't think that Girgs and Larry should be torn apart.  Put TT up with Mitts and OK.

I was just going to post the same thing.

Then again, maybe HCPC is trying to infuse that line with energy.  Girgs always hustles.

Edited by Doohickie

18 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I was just going to post the same thing.

Then again, maybe HCPC is trying to infuse that line with energy.  Girgs always hustles.

I get that, but the 4th line was working.  Don't mess with what is working.

Juggle around the middle six and if that doesn't work sit someone and call someone else up, like Inky said.

Wilson skating?  Must finally be close to returning.  (Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.)

Beaulieu must still be pretty sore if he's practicing on the 5th pair with Tom Scott .  (Again, mucho gracias.)

Good to see the top 6 that really does look like the top 6 D.  (Hit the trifecta there.)

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wilson skating?  Must finally be close to returning.  (Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.)

Beaulieu must still be pretty sore if he's practicing on the 5th pair with Tom.  (Again, mucho gracias.)

Good to see the top 6 that really does look like the top 6 D.  (Hit the trifecta there.)

Who's Tom? I'm really confused.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.