Berglund on Waivers with Purpose to Terminate His Contract

Brawndo

My read is that Berglund was screwed by his agent and the STL GM. He probably intended on staying in STL for the duration of his contract, planned life accordingly, and his agent dropped the ball on the deadline. 

Then, rather than being understanding, STL GM just took advantage. Big middle finger to Bergy. JBott probably not privy to any of this.

If this is true, STL GM is a POS, IMO

1 minute ago, erickompositör72 said:

My read is that Berglund was screwed by his agent and the STL GM. He probably intended on staying in STL for the duration of his contract, planned life accordingly, and his agent dropped the ball on the deadline. 

Then, rather than being understanding, STL GM just took advantage. Big middle finger to Bergy. JBott probably not privy to any of this.

If this is true, this is not the end of it, for Berglund, at least.  There's at least one lawsuit there.

Just now, erickompositör72 said:

I’m going to have to disagree.  The agent or Berglund are to blame.  They had an obligation under the contract and they failed.  Why is that the GM’s fault?  The GM also did him a favor by giving him to a team that actually needed his services.  He had the opportunity to win the 2nd line center job on a young up and coming team.  That seems like a golden opportunity. Berglund failed.  

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

In my opinion, the GM was doing what was best for his team. Hockey is a business and that side can be ugly. If anyone is a piece of doodie it's clearly Bergland's agent for dropping the ball on submitting his no-trade list. 

Anyways, good riddance. When the ROR trade happened, his contract had me worried because of the length. Problem solved. This opens a spot for a kid to make an impression. 

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

... and there was much rejoicing!

Surprised the NHL & NHLPA were cool with that happening this quickly.  But probably best for all involved to be done with it.

Fairly certain the player has to sign off on this prior to hitting waivers.  Shrugs all around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.