GDT Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres 7:00pm ET 12/18/2018

Doohickie

Just now, Samson's Flow said:

Lol he's 18 years old.

I'm terrified I'm agreeing with LGR on everything tonight

Here's my deal, they sucked in the 3rd no doubt. Dahlin made mistakes. But, this was an outlier not who they are. They have work to do no doubt but this was always going to be an up and down season. So just roll with it. 

• Like (+1) 4

The Vanek-led Sabres used to make the excuse that they got too caught up trying to put on a show for the crowd when they lost home games.  Tonight's game reminded me of those games.  The team got too satisfied with its early success, lost urgency as the game went on, and got roughed up in the third.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Need some call ups to spark the offense... there is literally not a soul that does anything other than Jacks line.  

I'd like to see Nylander and Olofsson get an opportunity. Are they going to be any worse than Mitts and Tage?! Those 2 need to play down in Rochester for a while.

Note to Kyle Okposo: don't show up to practice tomorrow. Find Berglund and go hang out with him for a bit. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Here's my deal, they sucked in the 3rd no doubt. Dahlin made mistakes. But, this was an outlier not who they are. They have work to do no doubt but this was always going to be an up and down season. So just roll with it. 

Yep. We have to remember that most of our key players are still under 23 years old. Of course they are going to have some inconsistent streaks while they're figuring out how to be an elite team

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Agreed.

Make the mistakes in season, come playoff time, use those lessons to your advantage.

Dahlin will carry many of these lessons in to the post season, where he can apply what he's learned throughout the season.

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

He is 19 and playing 23 minutes a night. Perspective.  

He's 18. 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

It's been like this against Florida for like... 10 years. I don't know why I still watch these games. They always suck lol 

It's like how San Jose feels about playing Buffalo. We beat them a lot. 

1. The Sabres took their foot off the gas and couldn't get their engine running again.

2. Every bounce possible went Florida's way. The Brouwer goal, the Penalty Shot goal, we'd have chances that the puck would just seemingly skip at the last moment....

We have to play better but it seemed as things piled up the team got rather frustrated by how nothing seemed to work.

Florida is a curse for us for no known reason

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 3

Disappointed, got a little spoiled by winning.  Theirs a lot of parity in this league now and they still have a lot to work on and room to improve.

Lets get Nelson and McCabe back and go back to sheltering the minutes of these rookies.

Although we really do need to beat the teams way below us in the standings. 

Ok back to playing one of the top teams Friday.

Throw this one out and get back  to playing your game..  

• Like (+1) 2

Watching Skinner get mugged only get 2 minutes. Unbelievable   Yandle chased him down the whole shift. 

Failure to score on the PP and failure to engage with Yandle after that   

Marty is with me.  We needed to respond and did not.  To me that is the most telling part of the game. They come into our rink and take liberties.  Fight their Captain and show some balls.  

As good as we can be at times we will not win a single playoff series if we cannot respond to that kind of play better. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

Sobotka, Sheary, Pominville, Okposo, Middlestadt - are they just not good enough to score?  They seem to float.  I notice Rodriguez, Girgs and Larsson.

I would like to see one more rambunctious guy with snarl.  Bogosian/Risto have it and are difficult to play against - but do we have any forward with grit?

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Watching Skinner get mugged only get 2 minutes. Unbelievable   Handle chased him down the whole shift. 

Failure to score on the PP and failure to engage with Yandle after that   

Marty is with me.  We needed to respond and did not.  To me that is the most telling part of the game. They come into our rink and take liberties.  Fight their Captain and show some balls.  

As as good as we can be at times we will not win a single playoff series if we cannot respond to that kind of play better. 

Yeah i can see that. Certainly their coach Bob Boughner played that game when he was in the league.  

Just not sure that's the norm anymore but I agree either you take it to them on scoreboard or by standing up.  

Not sure what happened to angry Bogo but if anyone was the one i would choose him to send that message..    

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Yeah i can see that. Certainly their coach Bob Boughner played that game when he was in the league.  

Just not sure that's the norm anymore but I agree either you take it to them on scoreboard or by standing up.  

Not sure what happened to angry Bogo but if anyone was the one i would choose him to send that message..    

Bogo can do that when we have 6 defenseman we can rely on. Tonight with a shelter pair of Hunwick and Guhle, it hurts us a lot to lose Bogo for 5 minutes.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

Hockey has not changed that much.  Sure, the days of carrying a pugilist on your roster are gone but teams that win always answer these challenges.  A player can take on Yandle and lose and get more respect than a team that does nothing. 

This carried Florida into the 3rd.  Florida beat Toronto and Boston.  They are not far behind us in talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Bogo can do that when we have 6 defenseman we can rely on. Tonight with a shelter pair of Hunwick and Guhle, it hurts us a lot to lose Bogo for 5 minutes.

True.  The other guy who would have answered is Beaulieu.  He is a lot tougher than I ever thought.  

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.