GDT Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres 7:00pm ET 12/18/2018

Doohickie

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Thompson with the Baltic brothers robs that pair of their biggest strength IMO and means Eichel should be playing Barkov all night.

The middle six? Why not?

True.  Fully expecting Housley to run strength vs strength which allows the 4th line to risk Thompson on it.  And if Phil needs to shake things up and get Eichel's line away from the Barkov line, he can always swap Rodrigues back onto the 4th line.  It's good to have last change.

He also can make sure Ristolainen and Scandella are out with the 4th line if he thinks they'll catch part of Barkov's shift.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yours is the practical take.

I was drifting towards the take ... that is exactly what the coach said about Bergy the other day.

It was a joke and, yet again, I have received a message that I should not give up my day job just yet.

No, you're right. And funny.

34 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Do the Pegulas own the Earth?

Yes.

• Like (+1) 2

Big test here for Housley to get these guys in the right frame of mind after a big weekend on the road.    This has all the markings of a big letdown type of game where nobody plays well.    Can Housley get these guys ready to play?    

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Big test here for Housley to get these guys in the right frame of mind after a big weekend on the road.    This has all the markings of a big letdown type of game where nobody plays well.    Can Housley get these guys ready to play?    

Let’s hope. He’s only got two weeks left to prove himself. 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Always see the kids wearing a Bills hat too; there was some specific game where Dahlin rushed back to get his on before the post game interview. The Sabres account has recently started putting Bandits pictures in along with the Bills and Sabres for their One Buffalo tweets. Pretty sure the players are being told to rep it

Love it! Bandits are 1-0 this year and have their home opener Fri night vs Toronto. On paper, they look as competitive as anyone in the league.

37 minutes ago, Georgia Blizzard said:

Mitts or a productive 2nd line, to me, it is one in the same is only thing preventing this team from being a lock for playoffs.

1st line, D, Goaltending, PK, PP and checking line are all where they need to be.

Mitts has to step it up

We have no choice but to be patient.    They're not Cup contenders yet.     They need to continue to develop their young players and keeping adding through the draft.     They're still 2-3 years away from being at a point where they should look at adding immediate help to bolster their roster for a long playoff run. 

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I thought Beaulieu was good to go?

Interestingly, there's a trend in which the Sabres' 4th line is always structured with the right shot on the left wing, and the left shot on the right wing. I wonder what the strategy is there. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Florida will be ready tonight, tough battles lay ahead this evening.

Skinner with a hat trick, Okposo with 2

Buffalo 5 - Florida 2

Sounds good but I’m hoping for more balanced scoring. 

Tage, Pommer, Mitts, Sherry, Okposso are all due to start scoring.  Let’s get at least two if these guys lighting the lamp tonight.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.