GDT Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres 7:00pm ET 12/18/2018

Doohickie

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

While I agree a change of the middle lines was badly needed, this isn't what I'd do. I don't like breaking up our bottom line, even if Rodriguez could be fine on the #2 line.

I'd prefer something more like:

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
Thompson-Mittelstadt-Okposo
Sheary-Sobotka-Pominville
Rodrigues-Larsson-Girgensons

or maybe Swap Pommers and Okposo? I can never remember which guys normally play on which wing. Hell half of our team started out as a center and have been moved to wing at this point.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Don't quite understand the bottom 3 lines but I have to give HCPH some trust cause whatever he's doing is working.

BUT.

The 4th line of Girgs, Larsson & EROD has been effective, why break that up?

The middle 6 worries me but I find solace knowing JBOT is still building, and we have 4 1st rounders in the next 2 years. I really hope Nylander or Olofsson can make the jump soon.

If it were up to me I'd roll a youth line of  Sheary - Mittelstadt - Thompson and a corpse line of Pominville - Sobotka - Okposo.

Go Sabres! These divisional games are always important standings-wise. Don't let them gain any ground!

Your line preferences are okay as long as the 'corpse' line gets shot into the sun and doesn't see the ice. Otherwise there is a 99.9% chance that line would get caved in on a regular basis.

Credit Phil for finally shaking up the middle lines, but I think it is just shuffling ineffective pieces at this point. The trade deadline can't get here soon enough.

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is it any wonder? They pass around one towel, the same towel Grant Ledyard blew his nose on in 1992, and it's never been washed, because they don't want to wash the luck out of it.

Yours is the practical take.

I was drifting towards the take ... that is exactly what the coach said about Bergy the other day.

It was a joke and, yet again, I have received a message that I should not give up my day job just yet.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

Are we spelling Sobotka's name wrong on purpose? Because I feel like literally no one spells it right. 

There is at least one player name every season that part of the board struggles to spell correctly. I’ve seen quite a few “Dhalin’s” floating around recently. 

Player name misspellings always make me miss Morrrrisssssonnnnn. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

There is at least one player name every season that part of the board struggles to spell correctly. I’ve seen quite a few “Dhalin’s” floating around recently. 

Player name misspellings always make me miss Morrrrisssssonnnnn. 

Shaoaoane morrisssonnnnn 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sobotka where offense goes to die

The art is great, but there is a correction needed here: Sam Reinhart does not have 5 goals and 11 points in his past 10, he has has 5 goals and 11 assists.

For those keeping score, he’s tied for 8th in the league in that stretch, one point behind Jack, who is tied for 6th with 17.

We face the second-hottest guy in the league tonight in Huberdeau who has 19.

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am starting to think that Sheary and Okposo are holding Mitts back. Mitts would be better with basically anything else. 

Stop making excuses for Mitts. He isn’t a passenger in their slumps. He is steering his own ship.

All three are working hard, they just need to produce.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The art is great, but there is a correction needed here: Sam Reinhart does not have 5 goals and 11 points in his past 10, he has has 5 goals and 11 assists.

For those keeping score, he’s tied for 8th in the league in that stretch, one point behind Jack, who is tied for 6th with 17.

We face the second-hottest guy in the league tonight in Huberdeau who has 19.

Stop making excuses for Mitts. He isn’t a passenger in their slumps. He is steering his own ship.

All three are working hard, they just need to produce.

Agreed. I think they were a little invisible during the slump but they've found energy these last few games and have been giving teams fits at least from a forechecking standpoint. The points will come if they keep doing the hard work that they're doing right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Agreed. I think they were a little invisible during the slump but they've found energy these last few games and have been giving teams fits at least from a forechecking standpoint. The points will come if they keep doing the hard work that they're doing right now. 

That line was aces the other night. Can't remember which game.

Florida always seems to play well against us at least since we shared the farm with them (Americans). 

Someone remind Jack that Barkov outplayed him last game. We need a Boston, Matthews or OV like game from Jack tonight to even the score.  

So barring a no show we are the better team even if only in my eyes. 

Don't stop believin,

hold onto that feeling,

Goal Lights,  Playoff's,

Ohohohhhhhhhhhh!

Let's Go Buff-a-lo..    

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Your line preferences are okay as long as the 'corpse' line gets shot into the sun and doesn't see the ice. Otherwise there is a 99.9% chance that line would get caved in on a regular basis.

Credit Phil for finally shaking up the middle lines, but I think it is just shuffling ineffective pieces at this point. The trade deadline can't get here soon enough.

To the bold, what are you hoping for at the trade deadline? 

No team is going to willingly go out and try to acquire any of the frosty players on that list, we'd have to "pay" other teams to take them off our hands. 

I'm guessing this will be one of the quieter trade deadlines for us in recent years. We have nothing to sell but assets, and we should be using those picks.

Always see the kids wearing a Bills hat too; there was some specific game where Dahlin rushed back to get his on before the post game interview. The Sabres account has recently started putting Bandits pictures in along with the Bills and Sabres for their One Buffalo tweets. Pretty sure the players are being told to rep it

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Always see the kids wearing a Bills hat too; there was some specific game where Dahlin rushed back to get his on before the post game interview. The Sabres account has recently started putting Bandits pictures in along with the Bills and Sabres for their One Buffalo tweets. Pretty sure the players are being told to rep it

Do the Pegulas own the Bandits?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.