GDT.... Sabres vs B.Bruins 5pm ET Dec.16, 2018

jsb

58 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Bergeron, Chara and Debrusk still out.  Shut down the first line and this team is not that good.  And  while Krejci is a great 2C, but he's no Patrice centering the first.  

Was hoping this was the case. Boston is close behind, and given their injuries and how we played them the first time around, I'm gonna call this a must win 

I actually like our lineup better.  There are many Bruins that I have never heard of.  They appear beatable on paper and the ice.

Let's go!!  Let's do this!!

Oh, Wildguy, they are all MUST WINS!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
not only do miss, or add, letters for no reason, now I am missing spaces ... DAMN PHONE!!

I like everything better about the Sabres match up being the better team except coming off a tough physical road game less than 24 hours before.

I like our number 1 line vs. Bostons and playing a defense first road game. 

Injuries really starting to pile up on the back end and Boston still plays with a little nasty or will at least try to be physical.  

Looking for strong goal tending and a steady road game strategy to win in Boston today. I am interested to see how The Sabres stand up to the task.

Let's Go Buff-a-lo!!

Edited by R_Dudley

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And Housley said it was a personal decision not to play Skinner in OT last night 

Thing about Jeff is he’s not a great puck protector, nor a great passer. I can see Phil being worried about the turnover against the caps lineup.

On the other hand, i was surprised to Scandella out there early, but the one that got me was the Casey/Tage/Dahlin trio. That’s barely 100 games between them.

Really, Jack and Risto are monsters in OT, and Dahlin is good and will be better. But none of the others seem to be built for that portion of the game.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Thing about Jeff is he’s not a great puck protector, nor a great passer. I can see Phil being worried about the turnover against the caps lineup.

On the other hand, i was surprised to Scandella out there early, but the one that got me was the Casey/Tage/Dahlin trio. That’s barely 100 games between them.

Really, Jack and Risto are monsters in OT, and Dahlin is good and will be better. But none of the others seem to be built for that portion of the game.

Well we can chose between bad decision making or a they got to learn sometime and can't let them be afraid to make mistakes. 

Heck my best lessons came from learning from my mistakes...

I vote for letting the kids get tested to see where they are and a coach trying to push his players to get better.

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

And Housley said it was a personal decision not to play Skinner in OT last night 

What the heck does that mean?  

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No Matt Tennyson ...

And there was much rejoicing.

You could hear that I had my bells on in NS?  Cool.

18 minutes ago, dudacek said:

OK, but he is your best goal scorer.  I want my best scorer out there and let the chips fall.  Take you best shot with your best players.

I have taken up proof reading my posts as much as possible.  Caught a big slip up here, just before clicking post ... I'll just say that the 'o' and th 'i' are dangerously close together on my keyboard.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Another game to watch... yay?

Last night was miserable to watch.

Oh well.. Let's Go Buffalo.

I thought it was an exciting game, we got a loser point against the SC champion and we could have even beaten them in regulation in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Jack and Samson both hit the post.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Thing about Jeff is that he's scored two OT winners this season. 

As much as I like Housley's coaching this season, I'll never understand his OT and shootout personnel decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.