GDT.... Sabres vs B.Bruins 5pm ET Dec.16, 2018

jsb

8 hours ago, jsb said:

I'm trying to remember the last away game that it didn't sound like there were a large and vocal group of Sabre fans at the game. Alot of ex-patriots are about and we've been spread pretty evenly it appears everywhere

My takes of the game:

1. Jack has entered the superstar fraternity, not just his scoring but his work ethic getting back on defense and along the boards has been nothing short of outstanding
  2. The Bogosian hate community needs to disband, he's been a rock since he's been back, protecting his teammates, playing stout D and has been nothing short of outstanding on the PK. Haters don't have to hate on Zach any longer. The bunker needs to close and be Condemned for health reasons.
  3. How far has the back line improved over last year?? Guhle no longer is considered a savior to be, let him further develop with the Amerks, his speed is enticing though
  4. The Jack-Sampson-Skinner line may be deserving a name soon, they have to be at the least considered in the top 3 in the league right now
  5. Girgensons and Larrson have earned their way back in the lineup and have also been outstanding on the PK
  6. The 2nd and 3rd lines aren't exactly lighting it up but they're not getting lit up either. I'm not sure the LGR line hasn't become our 3rd line. 
  7. I've gone from promoting Phil H to wanting him fired last year to liking him alot again
  8. Mr. Smith has not only improved the back line but the entire Sabres defensive game
  9. Sobotka's role is to be the faceoff man in the defensive zone and that's about it
  10. It appears that Okposo's role is to be the protector of Casey and Sheary and anything else is an added bonus
  11. Hutton and Ullmark are the real deals

No. 

• Haha (+1) 5

13 hours ago, jsb said:

I'm trying to remember the last away game that it didn't sound like there were a large and vocal group of Sabre fans at the game. Alot of ex-patriots are about and we've been spread pretty evenly it appears everywhere

My takes of the game:

1. Jack has entered the superstar fraternity, not just his scoring but his work ethic getting back on defense and along the boards has been nothing short of outstanding
  2. The Bogosian hate community needs to disband, he's been a rock since he's been back, protecting his teammates, playing stout D and has been nothing short of outstanding on the PK. Haters don't have to hate on Zach any longer. The bunker needs to close and be Condemned for health reasons.
  3. How far has the back line improved over last year?? Guhle no longer is considered a savior to be, let him further develop with the Amerks, his speed is enticing though
  4. The Jack-Sampson-Skinner line may be deserving a name soon, they have to be at the least considered in the top 3 in the league right now
  5. Girgensons and Larrson have earned their way back in the lineup and have also been outstanding on the PK
  6. The 2nd and 3rd lines aren't exactly lighting it up but they're not getting lit up either. I'm not sure the LGR line hasn't become our 3rd line. 
  7. I've gone from promoting Phil H to wanting him fired last year to liking him alot again
  8. Mr. Smith has not only improved the back line but the entire Sabres defensive game
  9. Sobotka's role is to be the faceoff man in the defensive zone and that's about it
  10. It appears that Okposo's role is to be the protector of Casey and Sheary and anything else is an added bonus
  11. Hutton and Ullmark are the real deals

Never going to happen. 

On 12/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, Cheektorado said:

Does anyone have a Hula Hoop?

Sorry it took so long.  I watched the game after the fact... no spoilers.

On 12/16/2018 at 6:50 PM, Cheektorado said:

Doohickie is MIA..........so I will post it.

It's not my exclusive thing, feel free to post it if I'm not around.

Okay, I read the whole thread... well, most of it anyway.  have to give a shoutout to @hockeyhound.  When everyone else was nervous about the outcome or criticizing the Sabres mistakes, he was a beacon of positivity and support for the Sabres.  He's probably always that way, but it took me reading a GDT in one reading for me to recognize it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Sorry it took so long.  I watched the game after the fact... no spoilers.

It's not my exclusive thing, feel free to post it if I'm not around.

I'm all for tradition and superstition LOL.  You keep doing your thing.

Captain Jack for sure was Hula Hooping in Boston!

On 12/17/2018 at 9:38 AM, Huckleberry said:

yeah we gave up some chances, but I can be excited for following reasons.

• We have two goalies that can bail us out
  • Our top line creates those chances to, try looking at it like a fan of opposing teams.   They are scary.
  • Our D is much improved, Ristolainen is playing like a beast, Bogosian is much better to.
  • Dhalin still makes mistakes and Pilut will have a spot as soon as next year.  I think he still gets send down.
  • Our 4th line is one of the best in the league.
  • Fixing our middle six would be nice, but signing skinner is a priority for now and we don't need to go on a Stanley cup run this year.
  • We got a GM and a coach that seem to know what they are doing.
  • I don't think they are playing that poorly, If you can't enjoy them now while they are in the top of the league, I don't know what else to say.
  • The last 5 years were really painful for me, being up at 01.00 am for start of game trying to stay awake.   Its a lot easier this year to be motivated to watch these guys.

Your entirety of responses is based on the season overall. I said "THE GAME" was miserable.  Man...

We have two goalies that I am excited about.  They did NOT bail the Sabres out against Washington though.  The Sabres lost.

The top line creates amazing chances, but didn't score enough in that game to overcome the defensive mistakes.

The D is improved, but not enough to not allow those defensive lapses I was referring to in that game (and then in Boston)

Dahlin is wonderful and I like Pilut. But Pilut didn't play in that game and Dahlin made mistakes.. he's going to make mistakes.

I could go on, but I think you get my point.  If you want to rebut what I said, then please rebut what I actually was talking about.  A single game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.