GDT.... Sabres vs B.Bruins 5pm ET Dec.16, 2018

jsb

30 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Ehh...I don't think so...LaFontaine, Mogilny and Andreychuk was something out of this world in '92-93...

Lafontaine had 40 points after 18 games and 100 by his 55th game...

Goal totals for the line mates that year?

LaFontaine 53, Andreychuck 54, Mogilny 76

But that's not taking anything away from these guys, they are fantastic...a little bit of a different era back then but those numbers were prodigious even back then...

Those 3 accounted for 54.6%(183) of the Sabres' 335 goals that year.  The Eichel/Skinner/Samson line has accounted for 43.8%(43) of the teams 105 goals this year...

In 1992-1993 they also played 84 games

the most amazing thing about that season was how Lemieux came back from cancer during the season and ending up leading the league in scoring- going past Lafontaine. He only played in 60 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

chances are the Blues tear it down after this season if they continue to stink. This year or next, we'll likely have a lottery pick.

That's what we all said about the trade with the Islanders for Vanek.    Of course there is one glaring difference.  Namely that mirror cracking, black cat crossing, indoor umbrella opening, salt shaker tipping, jinxed of a GM we fired.   So, yeah, we got this.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

I bet bruins homer Jack Edwards was making excuses tonight for the bruins.

Actually i watched the NESN broadcast and he was basically praising Eichel nonstop...and they couldn't stop commenting on what a fantastic game it was...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

the most amazing thing about that season was how Lemieux came back from cancer during the season and ending up leading the league in scoring- going past Lafontaine. He only played in 60 games.

Would beg to differ, the most amazing thing about that season (besided Moe-ray-all winning 10 OT playoff games) was that Muckler had no friggin' clue as to what he had in Hasek & traded away Andreychuk (among other assets) to get Fuhr.  Notice the goalie that celebrated the May Day goal was not the former Euler hero.

And the May-LaFontaine-Andreychuk loses style points for getting broken up mid-season.

• Like (+1) 1

And with 7 points in the 1st 4 games of this 4th 10 game segment, the Sabres only need 5 points in the last 6 of it to stay on pace for the 96 points/80 games target.  (Not even taking into consideration they banked an extra 2 points in the 2nd 10 game segment.)

Long winded way of saying, they look to be playoff bound.

8 minutes ago, ... said:

So, I think after these past two games I'm going to allow myself to believe this team is legit.

I’ve seen them play Boston, Washington, Tampa, Pittsburgh and Toronto. I’ve seen them play San Jose,  Minnesota, Winnipeg and Nashville.

They belong in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Eichel, Ristolainen, Reinhart, Larsson and Girgensons have been through a lot of ***** pretty much their entire careers.

***** teams and ***** Internet comments. I’m glad they are on my team and I am glad they survived to be among the reasons we can enjoy this year.

Funny thing is, there were plenty of those same comments earlier in this very season. And I'd imagine many of those same people now think he walks on water. It's almost as if fans aren't entirely rational ?

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would beg to differ, the most amazing thing about that season (besided Moe-ray-all winning 10 OT playoff games) was that Muckler had no friggin' clue as to what he had in Hasek & traded away Andreychuk (among other assets) to get Fuhr.  Notice the goalie that celebrated the May Day goal was not the former Euler hero.

And the May-LaFontaine-Andreychuk loses style points for getting broken up mid-season.

Nobody knew about Hasek, that's why he was so easily acquired.  Wasn't Mogilny playing with Lafontaine, not May?

23 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Actually i watched the NESN broadcast and he was basically praising Eichel nonstop...and they couldn't stop commenting on what a fantastic game it was...

Yep, they did a good job announcing the game. Very balanced broadcast.

Acknowledgments...

This team is exactly what I thought it would be .... in 2019/2020.

Jack Eichel is becoming a young man.  I made my share of “I hear he hates to lose” comments.  While not completely snarky, they were certainly skeptical.  He’s playing elite hockey.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Funny thing is, there were plenty of those same comments earlier in this very season. And I'd imagine many of those same people now think he walks on water. It's almost as if fans aren't entirely rational ?

I mean he finally started skating a full game...??

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's almost as if Eichel has upped his game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.