GDT.... Sabres vs B.Bruins 5pm ET Dec.16, 2018

jsb

image.png.ef12b34b9990d7e2c1309bf092f1fbb5.png  VS    image.png.882bf4572eff15d5e9931a80b3e47446.png

Your Buffalo Sabres play the 2nd game of a back to back against the always hated Boston Bruins. The Sabres are coming off a tough shoot out loss to the Caps last night and the backend appears to be beat up with Beaulieu going down yesterday as well as McCabe, Pilut, Nelso and the horrible effort put out by Tennyson yesterday. In case you didn't know, Jack Eichel is on FIRE recently and hopefully he can keep it up and Dahlin pitched in yesterday for a 3 point game. Risto and Bogosian combined to play over half the game yesterday so hopefully they'll be ready to roll again today. The game is on NHL network also this afternoon

THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 9-11-1 all-time on December 16.
  • December 16, 1976: Rick Martin scores three times in the second period to record his 18th hat trick as a member of the Sabres in a 7-2 Buffalo win against the New York Rangers.
  • December 16, 2011: Drew Stafford scores his 100th NHL goal in a 5-4 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

• With wins in their last two visits to Boston, the Sabres are looking to win three straight road games against the Bruins for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
  • The Sabres are 6-3-2 against the Atlantic Division this season.
  • Jack Eichel enters tonight’s contest on a five-game point streak (7+2).
  • Jeff Skinner has points in five straight games (2+3) for the third time this season. He will look to extend his point streak to six games for the first time since he tallied points in seven straight from March 16 to 27, 2017.
  • Kyle Okposo has 25 points (7+18) in 32 career games against Boston, including 16 points (6+10) in the last 17 matchups.
  •  
  • GDT RULES:
  1. NO RULES, we're playing the Bruins

NS must be sleeping in late today

image.png

Edited by jsb
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The boys visit to my neck of the woods was a disappointing result, but we can't let that stop us tonight in an important division game. Beating the Bruins is way more important. Let's go!

Pilut got hurt last night too? I saw Beauliu struggling after that hit, but what happened to Pilut? I had to watch the Caps coverage and they didn't say anything about it.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

6 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Pilut got hurt last night too? I saw Beauliu struggling after that hit, but what happened to Pilut? I had to watch the Caps coverage and they didn't say anything about it.

Pilut is day to day with a lower. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/sabres-lawrence-pilut-called-day-to-day-by-coach/

• SDS pinned this topic
28 minutes ago, inkman said:

So the Sabres/NHL get the schedule right as the Bills obviously play at 1 but I somehow have to convince my wife that I'll be tied up with sports from 1-8. ?

Since I started taking Pervertia™ I don't reply to posts like this in a creepy way anymore. Ask your doctor about Pervertia™!

Side effects includ patchy hair loss, swollen tongue, morning wood that lasts until late afternoon, halitosis, hypertension, coffee ground stools and itchy fingers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, inkman said:

So the Sabres/NHL get the schedule right as the Bills obviously play at 1 but I somehow have to convince my wife that I'll be tied up with sports from 1-8. ?

If your wife is at all familiar with the Bills franchise, she will be suspicious about any game of theirs being a must-see in December. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Pilut was out hurt to begin with.  He's day-to-day.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

This would have been good info to have prior to us persecuting the head coach.

Well you can just undraw and unquarter him now.

Rough / late / early morning night last night.

Thanks, JSB.  The GDT start is not 'my job', but being in NS I do have a bit of a head start on many of you slackers.

NS reporting for duty, but I will be remote for a bit until later this afternoon.

+++++

Just beat these guys.  This afternoon these guys are the most dastardly of the dastardly.  At all other time they are tied for first overall in the most dastardly contest with the Flyers.  When the Sabres play the Flyers they become the most dastardly.

AVENGE PARK!!

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
what gives with the silly start time?

LW C RW Forwards
Brad Marchand
BRAD MARCHAND

Rating: 84.0#5 LW

David Krejci
DAVID KREJCI

Rating: 75.8#44 C

David Pastrnak
DAVID PASTRNAK

Rating: 85.1#2 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 81.68#3 FL1
Joakim Nordstrom
JOAKIM NORDSTROM

Rating: 69.1#133 LW

Colby Cave
COLBY CAVE

Rating: 72.4#97 C

David Backes
DAVID BACKES

Rating: 72.1#75 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 71.18#31 FL2
Ryan Donato
RYAN DONATO

Rating: 74.2#61 LW

Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
JAKOB FORSBACKA KARLSSON

Rating: 72.8#84 C

Danton Heinen
DANTON HEINEN

Rating: 73.4#51 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 73.46#6 FL3
Sean Kuraly
SEAN KURALY

Rating: 69.1#175 LW

Noel Acciari
NOEL ACCIARI

Rating: 69.2#174 C

Chris Wagner
CHRIS WAGNER

Rating: 67.8#120 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 68.70#31 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS Defense
Torey Krug
TOREY KRUG

Rating: 80.9#2 LD

Brandon Carlo
BRANDON CARLO

Rating: 71.1#74 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 75.98#12 DL1
Matt Grzelcyk
MATT GRZELCYK

Rating: 72.4#67 LD

Charlie McAvoy
CHARLIE MCAVOY

Rating: 76.8#20 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 74.60#14 DL2
John Moore
JOHN MOORE

Rating: 71.9#75 LD

Steve Kampfer
STEVE KAMPFER

Rating: 70.3#88 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 71.09#20 DL3

Expect to see Hunwick today.    Would like to see Pilot back  

Beaulieu is not on IR, maybe he can go and Tennyson can sit?  

Big four point game.  Very big game and Montreal is moving up now too.  

I third line goal would be very nice to see someday.  72-17-29 need to help the cause. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.