beyond subscribing for NHL center ice how do you watch games

bills_fan_in_raleigh

I know for NFL many people are bypassing NFLST and using reddit and other stream drivers.  Wondering if same is true for NHL.  On reddit I am finding many advertised streams however so many of them are littered with ads etc or wont load it is pain versus on NFL found a reliable provider every week for me to watch another game of interest I still have NFLST for Bills so I can sync the radio feed.= with the DTV video.    What alternatives are there say on Kodi or other applications.

5 minutes ago, Ho-Chi-Sock said:

None that I'm aware of, but I should note that I live in the City and my parents (who own the account) live in the Finger Lakes. YMMV

I just googled "fubo free trial" and I think I'm going to give this a shot tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

• 9 months later...

Am considering getting rid of Directv this  year and so am shopping for options for Sabres. I am a streaming television novice, how easy is nhl.tv to use? How well does it work? Any issues or considerations I should be aware of before I subscribe?

We have an Apple TV which I checked and it is compatible with NHL.TV.

I'm out of market for Sabres.

Edited by Lanny

21 minutes ago, Lanny said:

Am considering getting rid of Directv this  year and so am shopping for options for Sabres. I am a streaming television novice, how easy is nhl.tv to use? How well does it work? Any issues or considerations I should be aware of before I subscribe?

I've used it in the past while streaming through Roku players and the NHL.TV app is very easy to navigate. I only paid for Sabres games when I did it (I think you can get all teams for $140 and a single team for $110 or something along those line) so when you only pay for a single team it's easy to find the game because there's only one game that pops up on the menu. You do get the option of either the home or opposing team's feed though. You mentioned being out of market so the only games that will be blacked out are the ones on NBC, NBC Sports, or NHL Network, plus the games against whatever team your local market is in. You can also get a student or military discount if you qualify.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lanny said:

NHL.tv is operated by MLB Advanced Media, which is more or less the standard when it comes to sports streaming. If you’re familiar and happy with MLB.tv you’ll be happy with NHL.tv. 

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

I've used it in the past while streaming through Roku players and the NHL.TV app is very easy to navigate. I only paid for Sabres games when I did it (I think you can get all teams for $140 and a single team for $110 or something along those line) so when you only pay for a single team it's easy to find the game because there's only one game that pops up on the menu. You do get the option of either the home or opposing team's feed though. You mentioned being out of market so the only games that will be blacked out are the ones on NBC, NBC Sports, or NHL Network, plus the games against whatever team your local market is in. You can also get a student or military discount if you qualify.

Similar experience here, except that we got the full package.  Even so, you can set up a "favorite" and it shows you their content on the main screen... you can see others by going to the Teams screen.

Games that are on national broadcasts such as NBC or NBCSN can typically be viewed through the NBCSN app, provided you have a provider login (i.e., I have to use my Spectrum login to see NBCSN, ESPN, FoxSports, etc.)  If you've totally cut the cord and don't have a basic content provider, I'm not sure whether you can subscribe to just the sports channel (that might be where Fubo or Hulu or Apple TV come in).

Edited by Doohickie

I am out of market so I cant get Sabres without NHL.tv

However we have the sony vue for our primary TV and it's great. I would check to see what channels you would get if you are in network. 

Many of the other stream TV packages dont have Disney owned channels, like ABC, ESPN, etc.  The vue does. It replaced our Verizon TV and saves us 100 per month

Edited by miles

6 hours ago, Lanny said:

I have an appletv out of market and nhl.tv is great. I also just got a Roku express ($40) for a different tv and nhl.tv is great on it.

• Like (+1) 1

First year I’ve signed up for nhl.tv and I’m watching it through Roku.  I probably can’t comment yet as it’s only been a couple of preseason games but it’s very easy to navigate to find the correct game.  I also like they hide the scores so if you want to start watching the games half hour or hour in you can easily do that and not have the score ruined. Personally that’s what I do.  Kids go to bed for 8.  I start the game then, fast forward through commercials or part of the intermission and usually caught up live by early third period.

2 hours ago, Derrico said:

First year I’ve signed up for nhl.tv and I’m watching it through Roku.  I probably can’t comment yet as it’s only been a couple of preseason games but it’s very easy to navigate to find the correct game.  I also like they hide the scores so if you want to start watching the games half hour or hour in you can easily do that and not have the score ruined. Personally that’s what I do.  Kids go to bed for 8.  I start the game then, fast forward through commercials or part of the intermission and usually caught up live by early third period.

This has saved my ability to watch the games countless times. It's very easy to avoid hockey scores in Oklahoma, so I've missed games by as much as a couple days and was able to watch them without having any idea what happened. 

9 minutes ago, Hank said:

If there's any active duty / retired military out there nhl.tv gives a $50 discount. 

Same goes if you are a college student.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.