Berglund suspended, failure to report

G-Daddy

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

IF Wilson were healthy, that portion of the change would still be an upgrade.  He hasn't been skating though, so that isn't in the cards short term.  They have to pull up at least 1 Amerk as they are down to 12 healthy forwards.

My guess is Smith comes up & Elie goes back to designated pressbox sitter / 8th practice D-man / maintenance day F practice replacement.

I really don't think Wilson is an upgrade over Pommers. Is he faster? Yeah. but that's about it

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It's crazy to me that Berglund didn't want that money. 

But I'm also somewhat impressed that he would put the money second to other priorities. I think a lot of players would just stick it out because hey, they're getting paid right? 

He didn’t walk away from the money.  There was no money to walk away from. He was suspended without pay.  He was either playing for Buffalo for pay or not playing and not getting paid.  He choose door no. 3.  Terminate the contract, get out of Buffalo and hopefully sign elsewhere.  

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

He didn’t walk away from the money.  There was no money to walk away from. He was suspended without pay.  He was either playing for Buffalo for pay or not playing and not getting paid.  He choose door no. 3.  Terminate the contract, get out of Buffalo and hopefully sign elsewhere.  

The suspension wasn't permanent. He could have worked it out and come back and kept making his money. 

He chose not to do that. So yes, he did walk away from the money. 

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The suspension wasn't permanent. He could have worked it out and come back and kept making his money. 

It goes a little further back than that though.  His walking away from the money was whatever the original suspendable offense was.

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

It was an indefinite suspension.  He was suspended until the team lifted the suspension.  My guess is him simply saying that he was willing to come back would not have been good enough to cure the breach of the contract.  They likely gave him a deadline to return and he didn’t and that likely made the suspension permanent, which is ultimately why he agreed to a mutual termination.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

40 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I really don't think Wilson is an upgrade over Pommers. Is he faster? Yeah. but that's about it

You do realize we're talking about the Jason Pominville with 1 assist and 18 shots and is a -3 in the 13 games that we've seen since the "Minnesota Miracle" rather than the one we saw in the 2-9 Otters game, right?

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You do realize we're talking about the Jason Pominville with 1 assist and 18 shots and is a -3 in the 13 games that we've seen since the "Minnesota Miracle" rather than the one we saw in the 2-9 Otters game, right?

How is he defensively? Pretty sure Wilson is an albatross 

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How is he defensively? Pretty sure Wilson is an albatross 

Wilsonis a 4th liner who has slotted productively higher into the lineup for the Sabres but has no official timeline for return to the lineup.  Pominville is a really nice guy that scored a tremendously meaningful goal 12 :cry: years ago that at his current age plays usefully for almost 20 games and then earns his getting the fewest minutes of ice time of any skater on the roster.  I'd rather have Wilson.  But am more interested in what Smith could do in that role.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

It's crazy to me that Berglund didn't want that money. 

But I'm also somewhat impressed that he would put the money second to other priorities. I think a lot of players would just stick it out because hey, they're getting paid right? 

If you consider family, and at this point he's played 8-10 seasons in the league.  He has other reasons and pressures for sure.  It didn't sound like he wanted to be here, but tried to make the best of it.  Again, if he doesn't want to be here then cut the player.  He mutually agreed to terminate the contract and gives him the chance to go to a team that is more veteran based.  I could see him going to San Jose who could use a bottom six forward, or somewhere else.  Bye!