GDT - Sabres @ Washington - December 15, 2018 - 7:00 PM

Sabres Fan in NS

The Sabres will go to the nation's capital, and not to make America great again, at least not for the home team. They will be rendered victorious tonight. 

After the game the Sabres will go full Mel Gibson with half blue paint slathered on their faces, as they roll horseback down the streets of Buffalo, Dahlin will disembark his horse on chippewa and do a beer funnel only a true Nordic God can handle. In the background, risto will be carrying a metal buffalo on his back that he stole off the I190, and Mitts will be hitting on Pominvilles wife..... Successfully. 

Let the prophecy be foretold 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I understand this with his history of being a terrible person on the ice, at least.

This I do not agree with and is bad form.  Why would you want a Sabre to stoop to his level?

This is an even worse take.

This may not be as bad, but I will assume you mean in Campbell and Umberger kind of way.

If he gets to Eichel before Bogo gets to him i don’t think anyone will worry about how low you gotta go. 

He knows he just received a concussion. If Wilson goes head hunting we return the favor. Last time we didn’t turned out real well.

However a well placed hit early on might make him think twice.

17 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The Sabres will go to the nation's capital, and not to make America great again, at least not for the home team. They will be rendered victorious tonight. 

After the game the Sabres will go full Mel Gibson with half blue paint slathered on their faces, as they roll horseback down the streets of Buffalo, Dahlin will disembark his horse on chippewa and do a beer funnel only a true Nordic God can handle. In the background, risto will be carrying a metal buffalo on his back that he stole off the I190, and Mitts will be hitting on Pominvilles wife..... Successfully. 

Let the prophecy be foretold 

I dunno. Mitts kinda has a face only a mother could love. But hey maybe he hits on Pominville himself and is successful.

• Like (+1) 1

This might be one of those games where both teams score a ton. Ovi over the years seems to only involve himself in play when there’s a scoring opportunity. The guy really just sits on the dot like a statue during the PP until the one-timer comes.

i only see one way to avoid it and that’s play disciplined, no penalties. Let Wilson give us PPs. 

Risto’s ice time hopefully matches Ovechkin’s. 

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Kind of hoping Risto does that thing he’s done a couple times before and just cancels Ovechkin all night.   It’s fun to watch when he pulls it off.  

The two of them definitely mix it up vigorously and frequently.  Looking forward to seeing that.

41 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I predict at some point, there is a turnover between Ovi and Dahlin, which leads to a goal for one of them. 

Very likely.

Separately:  AO, at age 33, has 28 freaking goals in 31 freaking games! 

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I dunno. Mitts kinda has a face only a mother could love. But hey maybe he hits on Pominville himself and is successful.

Sam called him tank the other night, I see a canny resemblance to the narrator from the rocky horror picture show... neither has a neck:

rockyhorrornarrator.jpg

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 1

Well lets see how our favorite team stacks up against the SC winner. Caps play a fast physical game and we get Boston in less than 24 hours who also play a fast heavy game. 

16 back to backs second most in the league behind only the 17 played by Canes and panthers. I don't like NHL schedule makers... 

Anyway my concern is staying healthy in these two back to back games. Play smart  play hard and watch out for the dirty plays. 

Didn't see who is in goal , my guess Hutton gets today Linus tomorrow.

Hope to see Scandella back today or tomorroww or Hunwick anything but Tenneyson Please.

Lets' Go Buff-a-lo..Show us what you got.

18 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Update: *****.

Housley said we may see Hunwick tomorrow.    I say hopefully in for Tennyson.  

Sad to Pilot out, he must be hurt or sick. 

I want to see Scandella have a good game and play like he did last year   Really need that with McCabe still out.  Caps are strong and fast.

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.