GDT - Sabres @ Washington - December 15, 2018 - 7:00 PM

Sabres Fan in NS

Disappointed with a loss but not really angry. They traded punches with the defending champions the whole game while short a Dman and a half. 

Hopefully tomorrow we see

Dahlin - Bogo

Pilut - Risto

Hunwick - Scandella 

Eichel played great and should of drawn a penalty in the OT, they had sticks all over him. Still 2 goals ain't shabby at all!

Reinhart, you have to hit that!!!!!

Dahlin quietly put up 3 points without any of the Sabres telecast noticing lol

• Like (+1) 5

Risto played close to 32 minutes tonight.  Bogo played 29.  Scandella in first game back played 23. 

They managed to limit Tennyson to 9 minutes. 

Tomorrow should be interesting as the Bruins are rested and waiting. 

Edited by Pimlach

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Risto played close to 32 minutes tonight.  Bogo played 29.  Scandella in first game back played 23. 

They managed to limit Tennyson to 9 minutes. 

Tomorrow should be interesting as the Bruins are rested and waiting. 

Yet somehow he was still a -3 with a big influence on at least one of them at minimum

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Disappointed with a loss but not really angry. They traded punches with the defending champions the whole game while short a Dman and a half. 

Hopefully tomorrow we see

Dahlin - Bogo

Pilut - Risto

Hunwick - Scandella 

Eichel played great and should of drawn a penalty in the OT, they had sticks all over him. Still 2 goals ain't shabby at all!

Reinhart, you have to hit that!!!!!

Dahlin quietly put up 3 points without any of the Sabres telecast noticing lol

That pic of young Berglund up today really made me realize just how young Dahlin is. Imagine 3 years from now when he’s been eating and training. That kid is special.

Fun game to watch though too many costly mistakes by BUF (Hutton turnover, Reinhart missing a wide open net, etc).   Talent wise BUF can hang with anybody, they just need some seasoning, a 2nd line C, and another winger for Eichel. 

Nice job by Housley to have these guys ready and focused with the whole Berglund ordeal.

Would've liked to see some Skinner in OT.   

With Pilut, Beaulieu, and Mcabe out... what do they do?  Call up Redmond?

Just now, pi2000 said:

Fun game to watch though too many costly mistakes by BUF (Hutton turnover, Reinhart missing a wide open net, etc).   Talent wise BUF can hang with anybody, they just need some seasoning, a 2nd line C, and another winger for Eichel. 

Nice job by Housley to have these guys ready and focused with the whole Berglund ordeal.

Would've liked to see some Skinner in OT.   

With Pilut, Beaulieu, and Mcabe out... what do they do?  Call up Redmond?

You’d get Guhle. He scored tonight but was even on the +/-. Redmond is on an AHL contract but I’ve wondered if the Sabres could sign part way through a season? 

8 minutes ago, Ogre said:

You’d get Guhle. He scored tonight but was even on the +/-. Redmond is on an AHL contract but I’ve wondered if the Sabres could sign part way through a season? 

Really expect they'd only sign Redmond under extreme duress.  They already have 48 guys under contract, though they may be down to 47 very soon.

Just now, Taro T said:

Really expect they'd only sign Redmond under extreme duress.  They already have 48 guys under contract, though they may be down to 47 very soon.

How would that work? A PTO? How would that affect his contract with the Amerks?

Tennyson is brutal. BRUTAL! Dress Housley or Steve Smith over him. And Redmond is not a viable option, he was too slow last year when he was up. Bring up Guhle if need be, at least he has speed. Why is Thompson getting so much OT ice while Skinner sits? And then Pommenville who’s doing nothing for the shootout over Reinhart?

• Like (+1) 1

I thought we played a hell of a game minus Tennyson. I would like a forward that can hit back like the Caps were doing. Hopefully Bulu is not to hurt and can play tomorrow and Pilut needs to be in there tomorrow. We really need Mcabe back him being out hurts. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

Tennyson is brutal. BRUTAL! Dress Housley or Steve Smith over him. And Redmond is not a viable option, he was too slow last year when he was up. Bring up Guhle if need be, at least he has speed. Why is Thompson getting so much OT ice while Skinner sits? And then Pommenville who’s doing nothing for the shootout over Reinhart?

I agree with this minus the SO comment Pominville is a career 40% and it’s not something Reinhart is known for it. 

5 minutes ago, Ogre said:

How would that work? A PTO? How would that affect his contract with the Amerks?

They'd offer him a regular contract.  I'd expect that it would be 2 way with the AHL portion being essentially equivalent to his current contract.

Not sure whether it being after December 1 would affect their ability to try to sign him or not.  Don't believe it does, but honestly haven't looked into it.  

Really wouldn't expect to see them try to sign him unless they were down at least 2 more D.  Which is unlikely at best.

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They'd offer him a regular contract.  I'd expect that it would be 2 way with the AHL portion being essentially equivalent to his current contract.

Not sure whether it being after December 1 would affect their ability to try to sign him or not.  Don't believe it does, but honestly haven't looked into it.  

Really wouldn't expect to see them try to sign him unless they were down at least 2 more D.  Which is unlikely at best.

He’s been an asset his entire time in Rochester. I’d like to see him get some more time in NHL. Dude deserves it. He has been a class act.

• SDS unpinned this topic

Was Tennyson in for Pilut because Phil thought age would bring needed experience against the Caps? If not then why not play Pilut instead. Kid is patient with the puck and has good vision. 

I still don’t get the shootout lineup. 

Nevertheless good game. With the right D lineup and Sam threading the needle of an open net we win 4 to 2 against the champs. Still got a point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.