GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Buffalo Sabres 12/13/18 7:00 MSG

Sabel79

Yum, Yum, whats Home cooking got to offer tonight.

The cardiac arrest dish,  Ala rabbit Le Hat or some good old comfort food with a hearty 60 minute all beef no stewing after the game. 

Dahlin, you are due to score another goal and how about a side of Pilat.(Pilut for the swedish version) 

2 for the rookies tonight and a Buffalo stampede, that's all I want. 

Let's go Buff-a-lo!

Lets see some Coyote ugly.        

Edited by R_Dudley
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Marions Piazza said:

Alex Petrovic, i gave up trying to remember and used the Googles

Yep 3 times in one game and one of the the things that I liked about him, beat him all 3 times..

But I also respect the heck out of Petrovic for not giving up trying.. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

You know what they say about us Canadians, eh?

We love our Beavers.  It's out National Animal (I think?  Can someone confirm?).

Welcome!!

Nice to have one of my admirers finally get up enough nerve to post.  Don't be shy.

Are you confusing admirer and stalker? It’s ok the girl in 2A gets it wrong sometimes as well.

Welcome aboard new guy.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Here's hoping they're ready to put together a complete effort tonight. I hope the LA game is fresh in their minds. 

I am surprised how the 10 game winning streak has embedded the bad habit of thinking you only need a solid ~20 minute effort to win games. Even in the Kings game, they only turned it on late and were able to squeak out a win against an inferior opponent. I need to see some consistent effort if we want more wins from the boys in Blue & Gold.

Just now, Samson's Flow said:

I am surprised how the 10 game winning streak has embedded the bad habit of thinking you only need a solid ~20 minute effort to win games. Even in the Kings game, they only turned it on late and were able to squeak out a win against an inferior opponent. I need to see some consistent effort if we want more wins from the boys in Blue & Gold.

I think they got a little too confident in their abilities. It happens. They had a string of luck where they didn't really need to grind wins out because the puck kept landing on Skinner's stick. Now they've had some injuries and the passes aren't quite hitting the tape and they had to remind themselves that sometimes you just have to simplify and play a north south game and win some puck battles. Sometimes you have to establish other parts of the game before you can worry about scoring goals. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think they got a little too confident in their abilities. It happens. They had a string of luck where they didn't really need to grind wins out because the puck kept landing on Skinner's stick. Now they've had some injuries and the passes aren't quite hitting the tape and they had to remind themselves that sometimes you just have to simplify and play a north south game and win some puck battles. Sometimes you have to establish other parts of the game before you can worry about scoring goals. 

And I think it's good for them to get punched in the mouth. Team's need to learn how to handle tough times; what habits and routines can you get into and stick to to get yourself out of a rut

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

And I think it's good for them to get punched in the mouth. Team's need to learn how to handle tough times; what habits and routines can you get into and stick to to get yourself out of a rut

Yup. That's why I offered the prediction I did against LA. I had a feeling that they needed to get knocked around in that game if they were going to win it. Hopefully it wont always be like this. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

55 minutes ago, WildCard said:

This. It’s all part of the maturation process of a young team.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, I think we looked better in our losses to Toronto and Nashville than we did in our win against the Kings. I hope the losing skid and the barely beating a terrible team becomes a lesson in effort.

I was at that 9-2 Ottawa game last month. I want to see another effort like that tonight. Can we give Jason Pominville another ceremony or something? ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.