GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Buffalo Sabres 12/13/18 7:00 MSG

Sabel79

Watched the whole game and that was a solid game by the Sabs against a scrappy Arizona team. 

Still a few too many brain farts in their own zone where a better team and a lesser goalie would spell trouble but very happy with the result. 

Still need to get Tennyson off this team I saw way too many defensive lapses that will cost them against the better teams and they can't always shelter his minutes if anybody gets injured. Scandella and McCabe can't get back soon enough for me. Also defensive scoring is way down since those two aren't on the ice.

Couple days off and we get to do this again against the SC champs.  Excited to see how we stack up against the best.

• Like (+1) 1

Fun game.

Though I believe that Girgensons-Larsson-Berglund is their best 4th line probably ever, can't argue with 3 goals in 2 games & pretty sure none against.  Keep Rodrigues on that line for now.  If Berglund gets healthy, let Sobotka or Pominville sit a game or 2.

But even that 3rd line had pretty close to a full minute of sustained pressure early in the 3rd.  Which was a nice makeup for being the line that started Arizona's pressure in the 2nd.

Pretty sure they said after the 2nd that Eichel had no shots, but that line was dominant tonight with him back into playmaker role.

Solid effort.  No passengers.  Take this show on the road to DC.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Fun game.

Though I believe that Girgensons-Larsson-Berglund is their best 4th line probably ever, can't argue with 3 goals in 2 games & pretty sure none against.  Keep Rodrigues on that line for now.  If Berglund gets healthy, let Sobotka or Pominville sit a game or 2.

But even that 3rd line had pretty close to a full minute of sustained pressure early in the 3rd.  Which was a nice makeup for being the line that started Arizona's pressure in the 2nd.

Pretty sure they said after the 2nd that Eichel had no shots, but that line was dominant tonight with him back into playmaker role.

Solid effort.  No passengers.  Take this show on the road to DC.

I'll add that this was the best game if the year for the Sheary-Mitts-OK line. They were legitimately dangerous tonight. More games like this and we will start looking like the team that win 10 straight

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bg17 said:

The “Risto sucks” crowd does not know what to do with themselves. Disband maybe? The guy has been a machine. Can’t wait to see the next celly. 

Past 20: 2/14/16/+4: Leads the team in hits and blocked shots. Fourth in the league at 26:03 per game.

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

Actually, Risto, BOGO and Bow-Lou have looked much improved this year.

And McCabe and Nelson.  

4 of those 5 were thought by many to be marginal NHL players at best and probably not long for the league.  Now 2 of those 4 are rock-solid top-4 guys, the other 2 are legit 3rd pairing guys with skill and the 5th — Risto — is living up to his potential and becoming a star.

And that doesn’t even include the gift we got in the lottery.

Howie is coaching them up.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yes to all of this, but wasn’t Bergy a healthy scratch?

Separately: what a great “This day in Sabres history” — Schoeny with 3 fights vs the Bruins, including 1 against Orr and 1 in the Zamboni tunnel!  Great footage too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

With the look in BOGO's eyes, what other name could the Yotes player have?

image.thumb.png.cd3f06c0c80a5ef20f16fc5497f85890.png

Bogo controlling himself there was something else. What a fantastic veteran move. That was some dirty shizz by Panik

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Nice to watch a rather routine game where we led from start to finish, and clearly were better than the opposition, yet was always close enough to stay entertaining. Haven’t seen many of those in the past decade.

I could get used to this.

Eichel played one of the best games of the year,… and noone noticed (and that wasn't even close to boarding.)

Risto made a move to clear the puck on a PK that was pretty special.

I am more convinced than ever that Reinhart is better than Drury. He played a really good game too.

I really like this team.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

And McCabe and Nelson.  

4 of those 5 were thought by many to be marginal NHL players at best and probably not long for the league.  Now 2 of those 4 are rock-solid top-4 guys, the other 2 are legit 3rd pairing guys with skill and the 5th — Risto — is living up to his potential and becoming a star.

And that doesn’t even include the gift we got in the lottery.

Howie is coaching them up.

Yes and yes.  I think that its about time that we give Steve Smith some credit also.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

I'll add that this was the best game if the year for the Sheary-Mitts-OK line. They were legitimately dangerous tonight. More games like this and we will start looking like the team that win 10 straight

More games like this from Sheary-Mitts-OK, and then Toronto and TB will start sweating.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.