GDT: Arizona Coyotes @ Buffalo Sabres 12/13/18 7:00 MSG

Sabel79

LOL!!

Finally someone listened to my pleading.

With Washington coming up a few times and those dastardly so and so's from Bastaan this is really a must win.

Congrats on the ending of the night shift.  Great start to kick this one off.

These guys are very beatable, but lets not do it OT, please.  I want to see a big win in every aspect of the game and a full 60 minutes effort.

What is the status of Huttsie?

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Haha (+1) 1

LW C RW Forwards
Lawson Crouse
LAWSON CROUSE

Rating: 69.0#130 LW

Nick Schmaltz
NICK SCHMALTZ

Rating: 73.3#74 C

Clayton Keller
CLAYTON KELLER

Rating: 75.7#43 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 72.67#31 FL1
Richard Panik
RICHARD PANIK

Rating: 73.3#51 LW

Derek Stepan
DEREK STEPAN

Rating: 74.4#59 C

Christian Fischer
CHRISTIAN FISCHER

Rating: 72.7#60 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 73.48#17 FL2
Nick Cousins
NICK COUSINS

Rating: 71.7#83 LW

Brad Richardson
BRAD RICHARDSON

Rating: 71.2#132 C

Josh Archibald
JOSH ARCHIBALD

Rating: 70.1#101 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 71.00#23 FL3
Michael Bunting
MICHAEL BUNTING
Mario Kempe
MARIO KEMPE

Rating: 71.7#119 C

Conor Garland
CONOR GARLAND
FL4 Rating
Rating: 71.68#4 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS Defense
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
OLIVER EKMAN-LARSSON

Rating: 76.6#18 LD

Ilya Lyubushkin
ILYA LYUBUSHKIN

Rating: 71.9#55 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 74.26#20 DL1
Alex Goligoski
ALEX GOLIGOSKI

Rating: 74.5#32 LD

Niklas Hjalmarsson
NIKLAS HJALMARSSON

Rating: 72.4#66 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 73.44#16 DL2
Jordan Oesterle
JORDAN OESTERLE

Rating: 71.7#84 LD

Jakob Chychrun
JAKOB CHYCHRUN

Rating: 72.6#58 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 72.17#9 DL3

I thought Brad Richards had retired long ago.

Alex G. (the Ruskie) is still out.  OEL is still awesome.

That's it.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I am an idiot ... that's Richadson not Richards

LW C RW Forwards
Jeff Skinner
JEFF SKINNER

Rating: 79.6#10 LW

Jack Eichel
JACK EICHEL

Rating: 81.4#13 C

Sam Reinhart
SAM REINHART

Rating: 76.8#24 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 79.28#11 FL1
Conor Sheary
CONOR SHEARY

Rating: 72.0#76 LW

Casey Mittelstadt
CASEY MITTELSTADT

Rating: 71.1#136 C

Kyle Okposo
KYLE OKPOSO

Rating: 71.3#90 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 71.44#27 FL2
Tage Thompson
TAGE THOMPSON

Rating: 69.0#131 LW

Vladimir Sobotka
VLADIMIR SOBOTKA

Rating: 68.1#186 C

Jason Pominville
JASON POMINVILLE

Rating: 73.8#45 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 70.26#29 FL3
Evan Rodrigues
EVAN RODRIGUES

Rating: 70.7#106 LW

Johan Larsson
JOHAN LARSSON

Rating: 67.2#139 C

Zemgus Girgensons
ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS

Rating: 69.1#176 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 69.01#28 FL4

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS Defense
Rasmus Dahlin
RASMUS DAHLIN

Rating: 72.5#63 LD

Zach Bogosian
ZACH BOGOSIAN

Rating: 70.1#89 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 71.29#28 DL1
Lawrence Pilut
LAWRENCE PILUT
Rasmus Ristolainen
RASMUS RISTOLAINEN

Rating: 76.0#24 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 76.02#3 DL2
Nathan Beaulieu
NATHAN BEAULIEU

Rating: 70.2#115 LD

Matt Tennyson
MATT TENNYSON

Rating: 66.8#107 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating:  68.48#31 DL3

The winning streak* will continue tonight!

I'd like to see them move Sheary down to the third line and Tage back up. I feel like our second line was finally starting to click with Mitts, OK and Tage, and they've been silent with Sheary. We need more secondary scoring and we can't rely on our checking line to put up 2 like they did against the Kings.

*Does winning 1 game constitute a streak? I vote yes. Especially because it's going to 2 tonight!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

NS Youve been a busy beaver this morning.

You know what they say about us Canadians, eh?

We love our Beavers.  It's out National Animal (I think?  Can someone confirm?).

1 minute ago, LawnWranglers said:

First time poster, long time admirer.  Two out of the next three would be a huge boost.  Win tonight and a split over the weekend road trip goes a long way towards erasing the recent rough patch.

Let’s go, Buffalo!

Welcome!!

Nice to have one of my admirers finally get up enough nerve to post.  Don't be shy.

• Haha (+1) 2

R. Dahlin scored his 1st NHL goal the last time these teams played with assists from Skinner and Rodrigues

THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 8-10-3 all-time on December 13.
  • December 13, 1972: The Sabres defeat the Boston Bruins 7-3 in a game which featured 154 penalty minutes, including 76 by the Sabres alone. Among the penalties was the infamous fight that featured Sabres defenseman Jim Schoenfeld crashing through the zamboni doors with Bruins forward Wayne Cashman.
  • December 13, 2008: Thomas Vanek scores the 10,000th goal in franchise history in a 4-2 win at New Jersey.

SAM I AM

• Sam Reinhart enters tonight’s game on a career-best seven-game point streak (5+5), topping his previous career high of five games set from Dec. 20 to 29, 2017. It’s the third-longest active streak in the NHL, trailing only Mikko Rantanen and Alex Ovechkin (12 games each) and ties as the longest by a Sabre this season.
  • Reinhart has recorded 23 points (8+15) in his last 23 games, including eight two-point games during that stretch. With eight multi-point games through 31 games played this season, he is two shy of his career-high 10 in a season.
  • The Sabres are 13-3-2 this season when Reinhart records at least one point and 25-3-5 (.833) in his career when he records at least two.
  •  
  • HOME COOKING
    Buffalo enters tonight’s game with a 10-3-2 (.733) record at home this season. The team’s .733 points percentage at home tied for fifth in the NHL entering play Wednesday and puts the Sabres on pace for their sixth-best home record ever, and the best since the 1979-80 season (27-5-8, .775).HOME COOKING

Edited by jsb
delete double entry
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

NS Youve been a busy beaver this morning.

The rest of us are working off regular strength coffee and he has that super Bosnian brew keeping him on high alert.

39 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Something something Turkish coffee ?

... Oh, and stay outta jail.... I shall try 

I mean it does kinda add to the story...

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, jsb said:

R. Dahlin scored his 1st NHL goal the last time these teams played with assists from Skinner and Rodrigues

THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 8-10-3 all-time on December 13.
  • December 13, 1972: The Sabres defeat the Boston Bruins 7-3 in a game which featured 154 penalty minutes, including 76 by the Sabres alone. Among the penalties was the infamous fight that featured Sabres defenseman Jim Schoenfeld crashing through the zamboni doors with Bruins forward Wayne Cashman.
  • December 13, 2008: Thomas Vanek scores the 10,000th goal in franchise history in a 4-2 win at New Jersey.

SAM I AM

• Sam Reinhart enters tonight’s game on a career-best seven-game point streak (5+5), topping his previous career high of five games set from Dec. 20 to 29, 2017. It’s the third-longest active streak in the NHL, trailing only Mikko Rantanen and Alex Ovechkin (12 games each) and ties as the longest by a Sabre this season.
  • Reinhart has recorded 23 points (8+15) in his last 23 games, including eight two-point games during that stretch. With eight multi-point games through 31 games played this season, he is two shy of his career-high 10 in a season.
  • The Sabres are 13-3-2 this season when Reinhart records at least one point and 25-3-5 (.833) in his career when he records at least two.
  •  
  • HOME COOKING
    Buffalo enters tonight’s game with a 10-3-2 (.733) record at home this season. The team’s .733 points percentage at home tied for fifth in the NHL entering play Wednesday and puts the Sabres on pace for their sixth-best home record ever, and the best since the 1979-80 season (27-5-8, .775).HOME COOKING

Has any Sabre received the 3 fighting major game misconduct since Schoeny did 46 years ago today?

3 hours ago, LawnWranglers said:

First time poster, long time admirer.  Two out of the next three would be a huge boost.  Win tonight and a split over the weekend road trip goes a long way towards erasing the recent rough patch.

Let’s go, Buffalo!

Welcome. You keep your mitts off NS and we'll do fine.

Is that the new default avatar? A solid box with your initial?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.