GDT - LA Kings @ Buffalo Sabres - 12/11/18 7PM MSG

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Weave said:

And there is the sure sign the losses continue...

Depends... if everyone shows up to the "optional" skate (likely after the team meeting I think), it could be the turning point.  It could be a bit of motivational drama on HCPH's part:  Making the practice optional to show the team's commitment when everyone shows up.

52 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Thanks, but Taro's description of said traitor was much more poetic.

Meh.

To me this one really shows you if the coaching staff is worth anything.  Time to break a losing streak but if they come out thinking it'll be easy and don't give maximum effort it could bring back a return of last season's funk.

If LA still cares I expect them to play heavy on our injured and young D. They're going to need help from the forwards coming back.

SHOULD be a win, but that is always dangerous thinking that way. 

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The danger is not in our thinking but in theirs, which is why I said to me it'll say something about the coaching. 

If they take 15+ minutes off coasting in the 2nd again...............I'll scream.

When they do that I don't know if it's the players fault or the coaching or both.

I really don't want some smuck goalie (Petersen) who turned down this team to come out looking great like some backup goalies have been wanton to do to this team through these previous lean years. 

His stat line is really not that bad actually and has best sv % on the team right now.  W 4 L 4 OTL 0 GAA 2.41 SV% .929 SO 1

I watched the Det LA game last night and LA did outplay and out chance Det just couldn't get by Howard who had a solid game better than Quick actually was.   

" The Kings, who have had their problems this season, lost 3-1 to the Red Wings at Detroit Monday night despite having a 43-21 advantage in shots on goal, 19-4 in the third period. "

"We played a solid game offensively, I think defensively we gave up a little bit too much," Kings center Adrian Kempe said. "But I think offensively we created a lot and we just have to capitalize on our chances. 

I would not take this team and game lightly. ....Boston is 2 points behind, Montreal 3, and playing good competitive hockey and Pgh and Detroit 6 points back the same solid hockey being played can win any night somebody doesn't come ready to play. 

Already been said but worth repeating.

A must win.

• Like (+1) 1

It's certainly getting a little tighter in the playoff picture than it was even a few days ago. Gotta think Pittsburgh passes the Islanders in the Metro in short order, so with the Sabres lead over Boston and Montreal shrinking, I'm looking at the soon-to-be-9th Islanders as the chief current competition to that final playoff spot. 

Sabres are 6 points up, with the Islanders having a game in hand. So we are sitting at an ~ 5 point advantage, only. 

Would really like to see a win tonight to get back on track. 

Edit: It's slightly surprising to see a site like Sports Club Stats listing the Sabres at nearly 92% likely to make the playoffs at this point. 

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.