GDT - LA Kings @ Buffalo Sabres - 12/11/18 7PM MSG

LGR4GM

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

101 point pace for Eichel. Hart-tastic. 

He has not been getting enough credit.

Tied for 9th in NHL scoring. 5 goals and 5 assists in his last six. 33 points in his last 24 games.

Points in 10 of his last 12. Only gone two consecutive games without a point once this year. Leading the league in shots. Fifth in assists. Consistency. Leadership.+8. Winning team.

Pacing for the best statistical season by a Sabre since Mogilny and Lafontaine’s magical 1992/93

And all this without the sheltering effect and PP help of O’Reilly.

He is what we tanked for.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Still feels like a loss.  They won't make the playoffs unless they can put complete games together and make a habit of it.

I was just going to comment about a more consistent forecheck but this sums it up nicely for me.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Pilut plays bigger than 5-11, 180.

He’s not scared, but he was schooled physically a couple times tonight. Appreciated Bogo and Risto stepping in for him.

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Still feels like a loss.  They won't make the playoffs unless they can put complete games together and make a habit of it.

That’s right Factor, You’ve got to be better.

Edited by dudacek

Plays to the whistle well with others. Looks good in a camo hat. One of Santa's finest elves.

I'm intrigued by the crowd reaction to the young man who caught the puck. That might be the biggest reaction to a puck catch I've seen. It wasn't a spectacular catch. I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe someone who's known to the crowd? I have my best reporters out working the story.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Plays to the whistle well with others. Looks good in a camo hat. One of Santa's finest elves.

I'm intrigued by the crowd reaction to the young man who caught the puck. That might be the biggest reaction to a puck catch I've seen. It wasn't a spectacular catch. I feel like I'm missing something. Maybe someone who's known to the crowd? I have my best reporters out working the story.

I have to bring this up just because it happened in Chicago and I never really told anyone back in Buffalo. My friend's parents took us to a Blackhawks game in Chicago when I lived there in my 20s. I was on the aisle seat and when the puck was going over my head to the right, I stood on my seat, jumped in the air and caught it one handed. I then walked it over to where my friend's mom was sitting and gave it to her. Standing O by multiple sections and damn, did that feel good. Welp, that felt good to get it off my chest.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, repster said:

In case you ever wondered what the offside cam looks like, I snapped this picture tonight.

Looks like the cardiac kids are back at it!  Thanks to LA D for falling apart to help our cause

2B075DEF-AAAA-4381-94F7-FEBF82A11FF1.jpeg

That’s cool. I have wondered what they look like.

Aja makes some solid stuff.

Weird game, liked Erod in with Girgenson and Larrson…. there is your second line... accounted for 2 goals tonight and harassed the Kings all night.  Hope Phil keeps it together.   Game wasn't great from a play standpoint deal till the third for the Sabres, Sabres need McCabe back badly, that being said Pilut is a tough bugger... 

8 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Troof.  I hope he never sees the A again.

Once the D gets healthy there’s really no other reasonable option.

Bright side?

He and the organization will be better served with him tearing the A a new Ahole...giggidy.

8 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Once the D gets healthy there’s really no other reasonable option.

Bright side?

He and the organization will be better served with him tearing the A a new Ahole...giggidy.

Though it'd cost them a 3rd rather than a 4th if he's claimed, a reasonable option would be to keep 8 D up and send Hunwick to the Amerks IF all the D ever get healthy at one time.

It isn't necessarily a given that Hunwick would get claimed.  Remember, the Pens couldn't find ANY takers for him straight up & he hasn't been healthy for over 2 months.

If I had to have money on it, I'd expect Pilut goes down, but not positive that's a given should they ever get to 9 healthy NHLers.

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Interesting Atlantic has 3 teams over 40 points and two very close... Easily right now the toughest division in hockey... Metro doesn't have any.. Central has two and Pacific has 1.

The top 3 teams in the Atlantic are clearly TB, Toronto, and Boston in that order. Washington, Pitt, and Columbus should fill up the Metro spots. Among the remaining 10 teams, Buffalo better ***** finish #1 or #2 or Housley needs to be canned. I don't think I've ever been so dissatisfed after a Sabres win than I am now.

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good thing the Kings were down to 4 D & they wouldn't stay out of the box in the 3rd. Fortunately, nobody cares HOW you win, just THAT you win.  2 very necessary points.

Will need to play MUCH better against the Desert Dogs, but they are capable of doing that.

...until the season ends and we fall short...of the Cup...or the playoffs...or any other line that is perceived to have not been crossed.

There were a lot of lessons taught to young Sabres by veteran Kings tonight.

I’m not bitching either, this organization is on the right road, it’s just not the right exit...

yet...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

...until the season ends and we fall short...of the Cup...or the playoffs...or any other line that is perceived to have not been crossed.

There were a lot of lessons taught to young Sabres by veteran Kings tonight.

I’m not bitching either, this organization is on the right road, it’s just not the right exit...

yet...

Well, this team isn't winning the Stanley Cup this season, so how they're winning doesn't factor into that.  And IF they miss the playoffs, the issue won't be how they were winning down the stretch of the season; the issue will be that they weren't winning.

These guys are a middle of the pack team that should get better as kids like Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Thompson, Pilut, & everyone else 22 or under get more experience.  Getting McCabe back will go a long way towards keeping a majority of the 1 goal games ending in W's rather than L's. 

• Like (+1) 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.