The dreaded team meeting — fly on the wall

PASabreFan

33 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I heard they just watched tapes of every Ryan O’Reilly post-game interview given in a Buffalo uniform.

Afterward, an ashen-faced Berglund stood up and apologized on behalf of all the new guys: “We are so sorry. We had no idea.” McCabe and Reinhart took turns vomiting into the tape bucket. 

Dahlin was seen wrapped in Ristolainen’s arms muttering “hold me, just hold me.”

Thank you McFly for the updates and keep them coming. I could actually visualize some of this, lol.

I find it ironic that Okposo, whose lazy defense was to blame for a couple of PHI goals, is the spokesman here.   

For a veteran guy he shouldn't have those lapses.    He says they addressed it and they're going to fix it... well IMO that's not something you should have to fix for a veteran like himself.    I can understand the young guys having defensive lapses because of effort level, and not yet fully grasping the idea that defensive effort is just as important as offensive effort...  but not a guy like Okposo.     I'm sorry KO, but I don't forgive you for your lack of effort on those plays.... you're supposed to be a leader, but with play like that (and your negative TRpm) you're a detriment to the team and development of the young kids.  

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I find it ironic that Okposo, whose lazy defense was to blame for a couple of PHI goals, is the spokesman here.   

For a veteran guy he shouldn't have those lapses.    He says they addressed it and they're going to fix it... well IMO that's not something you should have to fix for a veteran like himself.    I can understand the young guys having defensive lapses because of effort level, and not yet fully grasping the idea that defensive effort is just as important as offensive effort...  but not a guy like Okposo.     I'm sorry KO, but I don't forgive you for your lack of effort on those plays.... you're supposed to be a leader, but with play like that (and your negative TRpm) you're a detriment to the team and development of the young kids.  

Dude, the world is not some utopia where the "good vets" try 100% of the time, the "bad vets" have inherent lazy traits that if you see once they're a blight forever, and there's a clear line delineating these two things, and that good teams see the line and load up on guys on the right side of it. 

The hockey season is long, and every player in the world makes a ***** ton of bad effort plays along the way. 

I'm not a KO-the-player fan either, as everyone here knows, but let's at least try to be rational here. 

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Dude, the world is not some utopia where the "good vets" try 100% of the time, the "bad vets" have inherent lazy traits that if you see once they're a blight forever, and there's a clear line delineating these two things, and that good teams see the line and load up on guys on the right side of it. 

The hockey season is long, and every player in the world makes a ***** ton of bad effort plays along the way. 

I'm not a KO-the-player fan either, as everyone here knows, but let's at least try to be rational here. 

He said in his interview that he's been seeing signs of this for several games... why didn't he sound the alarm earlier?    When things started going south against Philly, you need a veteran guy like KO to take the reigns and go out and play solid high effort 2-way hockey.    He failed miserably by falling into the same traps as the younger players.    I'm not placing all the blame on him, but for him to fall victim to the same lazy play is just very disappointing.     I'm disappointed in Housley here too, not even one timeout to try and and right ship while the game was still within reach.     Lot's of blame to go around here, but I'm disappointed that when looking closer at PHI's goals, that number 21 was a guilty party on more than one occasion.     He's making too much money to let that happen.

Edited by pi2000

22 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

There's meme I haven't heard in a long time... a long time. 

...I don't recall ever owning a droid  seeing this meme. 

(like, really, Old Ben?)

22 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

sirius-black-good-people-death-eaters.gi

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.