Large Bluetooth headsets that look like a laptop plugged into your head

inkman

Blue Tooth earpieces   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is having large dung beatle looking thing in your ear in 2018 acceptable?

• Totally Normal
    • For work purposes only
    • Only buttholes, weirdos and seriel killers do this kind of thing

Just now, Samson's Flow said:

My SabreSpacing is nearly entirely the product of having a headset and having both hands free to type away during boring conference calls. Some of us aren't fancy lawyers with leather bound books and their own sound proof office.

Leather-bound books were replaced by cardstock-bound books and then by the Internet, but the private office is pretty important--the clients don't really want their papers out in the open and stuff, you know?

My 2 cents:

- I greatly prefer using a headset for phone calls, as I like having my hands free and I dislike having to hold a phone up to my head.  I also prefer the headset to the speakerphone, as I think most people prefer not to have calls with someone who has them on speaker.

- I wear something similar to the one in Pi's photo at work.

- If I'm outside walking around by myself, I'm usually listening to something on earbuds.  If I have to take or make a phone call, I will usually do so via the earbuds.  This means that when this happens, I'm one of those weirdos walking around apparently talking to themselves but actually having a phone call.  Now, I will usually try to stay away from other people during the call, but certainly sometimes I will pass by other people. 

- I think walking around in public and having a speakerphone call is insane.

14 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

My SabreSpacing is nearly entirely the product of having a headset and having both hands free to type away during boring conference calls. Some of us aren't fancy lawyers with leather bound books and their own sound proof office.

Wearing it at the office is a completely different story.  I feel like inky is talking about the people you still occasionally see wearing them out in public.  I saw one of those guys the other day walking into Walmart.  I feel like it's usually older people doing that, not senior citizen old but maybe somewhere in their 50s, maybe slightly south of that.  They would be the people who tend to hold onto slightly older technology (I'm not judging, I'm probably one of them).

But yeah, some form of it is an absolute must in the office setting, especially the open floor concept that places are tending towards lately.  Strangely enough, we just moved into one of those today.  I'm not looking forward to the first person who goes speaker phone, but you know someone will.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

Wearing it at the office is a completely different story.  I feel like inky is talking about the people you still occasionally see wearing them out in public.  I saw one of those guys the other day walking into Walmart.  I feel like it's usually older people doing that, not senior citizen old but maybe somewhere in their 50s, maybe slightly south of that.  They would be the people who tend to hold onto slightly older technology (I'm not judging, I'm probably one of them).

But yeah, some form of it is an absolute must in the office setting, especially the open floor concept that places are tending towards lately.  Strangely enough, we just moved into one of those today.  I'm not looking forward to the first person who goes speaker phone, but you know someone will.

They will be met by a thousand death stares immediately. It will be glorious.

1 hour ago, Samson's Flow said:

I don't think that's the case, but I really am convinced that each office is equiped with the cone of silence.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
darn those missing letters ... again ...

6 hours ago, shrader said:

They gave us a new coffee mug during the move.  It seems like the perfect option, just enough weight to both travel distance and do damage.

My first choice is always the company provided stress ball. That's the nice first warning object.

After that it's the coffee mug or the stapler...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.