GDT - The Dastardly Flyers @ The Sharper Than Expected Sabres - 1:00 PM (EST) / 2:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

2 hours ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

That Okposo contract is looking pretty disastrous right now. How in the world are we going to get rid of him?

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Hope that the new CBA includes a compliance buyout or two 

The CBA idea would be great.

However at some point if his contribution to offense, defense and/or corsi doesn't improve vs. being offensive to watch then I say send him to minors ala Craig Rivet, Moulson move and bring up a prospect up that may give you about the same but has more potential to grow.

I can take watching a potential to grow vs. witnessing a player in steady decline.   

• Like (+1) 1

Watched the first 10 or 15 minutes thinking “Wow, we really are good now. This is what happens when we play well against crappy team instead of Toronto or Tampa.” We looked like we were toying with them.

I think the Sabres felt that too and lost any respect for their opponent at that point.

Well, it sure bit them hard, because they got worked. The lack of attack mentality was particularly painful when pressuring the puck carrier on defence.

Hopefully, lesson learned. It’s hard enough to get points you earn in this league. 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Hope that the new CBA includes a compliance buyout or two 

He'll have two seasons left on his deal by the time the CBA gets done. Maybe three. If it's three I guess I could see if but if it's two and we're not a cap team might as well just eat it and keep going.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Only if the Leaves are in deperate need

Because the league is rigged in favor of a team that hasn't won a Cup since LBJ was having his tailor give him more room in his crotch, right? Robin, is that you?

Edited by PASabreFan
soap poisoning
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Because the league is rigged in favor of a team that hasn't won a Cup since LBJ was having his tailor give him more room in his crotch Bonaventure was last relevant, right? Robin, is that you?

/end troll

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

He'll have two seasons left on his deal by the time the CBA gets done. Maybe three. If it's three I guess I could see if but if it's two and we're not a cap team might as well just eat it and keep going.

With compliance buyouts there are zero future cap ramifications, why eat a bad contract even if it’s for a year? 

On 12/8/2018 at 8:46 PM, inkman said:

I tried like hell to stave off this end result alas it was inevitable. The Sabres weren't going to win every get (duh), they aren't going to win 75% of their games. If we're lucky, they win 60% and we make the playoffs. 

How everyone lept to these unrealistic expectations is beyond me but here we are. The Sabres are better than they have been in close to a decade. Enjoy it. 

dont talk to me like the last 8 yrs never happened;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.