GDT - The Dastardly Flyers @ The Sharper Than Expected Sabres - 1:00 PM (EST) / 2:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

24 minutes ago, Weave said:

I saw the 1st period.  Someone give me the condensed version.  Whatinthehell happened?

Do you remember how the game in San Jose got away from them? This 3rd was like that one. Only we started from a 2 goal lead. 

Hopefully facing the Kings next, like after that Sharks game, has the same results.

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Do you remember how the game in San Jose got away from them? This 3rd was like that one. Only we started from a 2 goal lead. 

Hopefully facing the Kings next, like after that Sharks game, has the same results.

We need to play the Kings every 15 games. Reset the counter 

Edited by WildCard

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hey, they're playing well & at least they're fun to watch again.  They'll be very good next year.

Bring it fracktown boy. 

I know that you don't think today was good and entertaining hockey (from the Sabres anyway) and that you are summarizing the season in totality. I agree on the big picture. And you certainly know my frustation is not about the fans' response to the season as a whole, just the overall tolerance of losing these last five games. Inasmuch as your response wasn't about today, you will not enjoy my outburst and likely banning (I am not a most favored poster with board management in my pocket). Sorry and thanks for playing!

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I know that you don't think today was good and entertaining hockey (from the Sabres anyway) and that you are summarizing the season in totality. I agree on the big picture. And you certainly know my frustation is not about the fans' response to the season as a whole, just the overall tolerance of losing these last five games. Inasmuch as your response wasn't about today, you will not enjoy my outburst and likely banning (I am not a most favored poster with board management in my pocket). Sorry and thanks for playing!

The outburst could be entertaining; but, no, I do not look forward to your banishment from this little parcel of Nirvana.

But, ya know, ya did promise ... :p

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

10 years?  Huh?  You adding the Sabres and Bills tenures together?

seems like 10 yrs..

hey i just checked its almost 8 yrs for the sabres. im optimistic about both teams--just blowing off some steam. Sabres need some real tough proven veteran leadership and are just a couple of players away from contention.The vets dont have to be superstars but they gotta know how to win. Sabres were consistent winners for 40 yrs....you get a bit annoyed when they have a long streak of ineptitude..

Edited by calti
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, calti said:

after 10 yrs of pegulahell you should expect more than 30 days of bliss....but alas

I tried like hell to stave off this end result alas it was inevitable. The Sabres weren't going to win every get (duh), they aren't going to win 75% of their games. If we're lucky, they win 60% and we make the playoffs. 

How everyone lept to these unrealistic expectations is beyond me but here we are. The Sabres are better than they have been in close to a decade. Enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I tried like hell to stave off this end result alas it was inevitable. The Sabres weren't going to win every get (duh), they aren't going to win 75% of their games. If we're lucky, they win 60% and we make the playoffs. 

How everyone lept to these unrealistic expectations is beyond me but here we are. The Sabres are better than they have been in close to a decade. Enjoy it. 

No! Let me sulk and pout!

who are you to define my love/hate relationship with this team and Tage!

7 hours ago, Weave said:

I saw the 1st period.  Someone give me the condensed version.  Whatinthehell happened?

First period PHL didn’t belong on the same ice. Sabres were creative and relentless. They used the points to move the puck and pinch. This resulted in Jacks second goal. His first was a result of his deceptive speed coming through the neutral zone and opening up across the line. Dman could not transition quick enough to cut the shooting angle.

Second period Phl got physical. A few missed calls by the refs I think emboldened Phl’s physicality. This shed light on our inability to counter a physical game. However it was a sloppy play by Sam which led to the SH goal. IMO this is where Phl took our confidence and put it through the meat grinder. 

Third period Phl didn’t look as physical but the Sabres checked out mentally. Sloppy passing and poor coverage sealed the deal.

Edited by RambosKnife
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Weave said:

If only we had drafted a franchise center to counter that.....

He did score two goals. Maybe if we didn’t have two guys carrying the scoring load.

I have heard of this myth called secondary scoring. It exists on teams who live in a magical land known to only a few as “Contenders”. Legend has it the Sabres once used this power to defeat mighty foes but was lost when the king and his court dismantled the team in hopes of gaining access to a hidden treasure known as “Franchise Elite Talent”. As the story goes, the Sabres only found the second best treasure.

Years later and after enduring great sufferings, the great people of Buffalo realized their heroes were not what had been promised. They live under the onslaught of lesser kingdoms and wonder what have they done to anger the hockey gods. Nobody knows what became of the people or their beloved team but rumor has it they will emerge one day to challenge their enemies and take their rightful place in Lord Stanly’s hall of honor where they will drink ale from his cup. But first this team must find the most elusive of weapons, their heart and testicles.

• Like (+1) 1

other observations........

the sabres 1st line had trouble with face offs....... overall, the numbers favored Phi by a small margin but 28 killed us on FO's. 

we turned the puck over senselessly / lazily .....

Best part of the game was we purchased a #9 Christmas tree ornament!

2 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

He did score two goals. Maybe if we didn’t have two guys carrying the scoring load.

I have heard of this myth called secondary scoring. It exists on teams who live in a magical land known to only a few as “Contenders”. Legend has it the Sabres once used this power to defeat mighty foes but was lost when the king and his court dismantled the team in hopes of gaining access to a hidden treasure known as “Franchise Elite Talent”. As the story goes, the Sabres only found the second best treasure.

Years later and after enduring great sufferings, the great people of Buffalo realized their heroes were not what had been promised. They live under the onslaught of lesser kingdoms and wonder what have they done to anger the hockey gods. Nobody knows what became of the people or their beloved team but rumor has it they will emerge one day to challenge their enemies and take their rightful place in Lord Stanly’s hall of honor where they will drink ale from his cup. But first this team must find the most elusive of weapons, their heart and testicles.

The first part of your post is good and illustrates one of the biggest issues with the Sabres at present.

The second paragraph is also very good and pretty funny, but also a sad reflection of reality.

Most of the third paragraph is funny, but I am also reminded of something about throwing stones.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The first part of your post is good and illustrates one of the biggest issues with the Sabres at present.

The second paragraph is also very good and pretty funny, but also a sad reflection of reality.

Most of the third paragraph is funny, but I am also reminded of something about throwing stones.

Ya I think I’m over the loss now. Went through the whole emotions process so maybe this was getting it out my system. Onwards to the next game.

seems like we are a couple players away...Even in the win streak we were squeaking by lots of times.

vet leadership---some older guys who are tougher and skilled...plus dahlin rapidly improving and Jack getting better.

you just cant get blown out in your own place while working a 4 game slide....-well you can 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.