GDT - The Dastardly Flyers @ The Sharper Than Expected Sabres - 1:00 PM (EST) / 2:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Fourth straight game that no Sabre behind Jack's line could create a goal. 

Never mind a goal.  I would have been happy with a scoring chance.  I don't think anybody did anything very well today, except in the first 12 minutes, or so.  Not even Jack after that point.

+++++

I know my friend Derrico had the winkie thingie happening in his post about me not starting GDT for a while, but these are drastic times.

Someone, anyone, start the threads from now on.  At least, for a while.

0-3-2 in their last 5, points percentage of 20%. 33 point pace.

5-3-2 in their last 10, points percentage of 60%. 98 point pace.

10-3-2 in their last 15, points percentage of 73%. 120 point pace.

I'll let you decide whether you think "they're the worst team in the history of the league," "they're a bubble team," or "they're the best team in the league" is the appropriate reaction. Perspective my friends, perspective.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll let you decide whether you think "they're the worst team in the history of the league," "they're a bubble team," or "they're the best team in the league" is the appropriate reaction. Perspective my friends, perspective.

2012-06-07-08-34-19-GARBAGE+TRUCK+FIRE.j

Edited by ...
I should note that while I'm not pleased with the result, I'm only joking about the "hot garbage" stuff. Obviously, the season is far from over and, of course, there are peaks and valleys as the season goes on.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Miss McCabe Sabres breakout sucked after 1st period.  McCabe and even Scandellas size were needed.  Tenny was useless.  Sabres need a nasty forward with size and so O skill.

McCabe and Hutton, especially, but even Scandella adds to the stew that was able to pull wins out of losses.  What does that say?

1 minute ago, ... said:

McCabe and Hutton, especially, but even Scandella adds to the stew that was able to pull wins out of losses.  What does that say?

It says that when your starting players are out and your second tier players are not quite ready for the show there will be problems, which is what it would say for most NHL teams.

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

It says that when your starting players are out and your second tier players are not quite ready for the show there will be problems, which is what it would say for most NHL teams.

That's just two players.  The goalie is important, but, the defense is exposed without him in there.  If we're going to make it past a single round in the playoffs, we should be able to endure a d-man getting injured. 

10 minutes ago, ... said:

I love reddit. 

What a terrible take and post that was.

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Wow, what happened?  I get on plane and the Sabres are up 2-1, I get off and they lose 6-2. WTF?

Giroux, for one thing.  He got in their heads and scored a shortie on top of that .

Well there's a huge does of humble pie.  That sure sucked. Especially seeing another teams goalie make the timely saves and poor it in the end. Maybe a little Hockey cosmo's balancing out the bounces and puck luck we had in the streak.  

Get a 2 goal lead from your captain and top scoring line and don't play with fire in your belly and lights out goal tending not surprised what you get. 

Tenneyson and Beaulieu absolutely horrible defensive games today.  Mittelstadt was equal portions of slow and horribly bad.  No secondary scoring beyond our top line and there was no urgency in their game after getting up 2. 

Philly was the better team , dominated face-offs, possession and probably out chanced us, I lose the post games show so I am just going on eye-sight. Last Phil's line combos beyond the top line didn't work.. 

Ok Phil, you got a lot to work on. We need McCabe, Hutton, Scandella, Zemgus and something else for  a number 2c, Mittelstadt looks like he should watch a few games if we have something with a bit more grit same results I would be up for that.

Hows' Porter or Asplund doing down on the farm. lets double down on the Swedes and give Asplund a shot...  

So I am curious to see if they rebound the way a good team should after a stinker like this....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ... said:

That's just two players.  The goalie is important, but, the defense is exposed without him in there.  If we're going to make it past a single round in the playoffs, we should be able to endure a d-man getting injured. 

I agree completely.  The Sabres are not there yet.

Well that was ugly, we started great but seemed to lose steam as the game went on. Eichel became rather perturbed as the game went on in the 3rd until he finally seemed to hit point where he just stopped after the 6th goal. Can't blame him, he played well most of the game.

Reinhart was garbage after period one, he was directly responsible for the SHG in both a bad pass into the zone and then a dub pass to Giroux.  

Skinner is cold after hitting 20.

The defense finally hit its breaking point, 3 D down. Tennyson was a trainwreck to put it lightly. Eichel tried to aid him once and they scored due to it, then he later played weak on I think the 5th goal. Baloo was lost without a stable partner and reverted to bad Baloo form. 

Mitts had a good start but seemed to wear down after the myriad of missed calls against him. He was hacked/slashed/tripped/hooked etc in the 1st and some of the 2nd. 

Bogo is good offensively but plays the puck like a live grenade in his own zone half the time.

After goal 4 you could tell things started breaking down, more so on the back end as our better dmen became worn and the Flyers victimized our 3rd pairing.

I hope to see this game be another turning point in the season, akin to the SJS game we were butchered in that set us off on a great stretch of games. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.