GDT - The Dastardly Flyers @ The Sharper Than Expected Sabres - 1:00 PM (EST) / 2:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Re: Rick, please explain.

When he has to "guess" because he doesn't catch the number, it feels like over 50% of the time his guess shoots the opposite of the player he's trying to guess, which would be my first clue/indicator in trying to figure out which player it is. 

I believe he called Rodrigues (R) Larsson (L) 

Tage is ***** pitifully bad today, ridiculous deke aside.

Edited by Randall Flagg

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

When he has to "guess" because he doesn't catch the number, it feels like over 50% of the time his guess shoots the opposite of the player he's trying to guess, which would be my first clue/indicator in trying to figure out which player it is. 

Ah, OK. That seems like a lot to ask. Also, either Rick doesn't understand icing or I don't. OTOH I see the linesmen waiting to see if the puck crosses the line when they're not supposed to (I think). The decision gets made when the first player reaches the dot, I thought.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I believe he called Rodrigues (R) Larsson (L) 

Tage is ***** pitifully bad today, ridiculous deke aside.

I've been watching hockey a long time but its nuances evade me. Anything beyond "goals good; goals against bad" is over my head. Even I noticed how bad Tage was on a particular recent shift.

Just now, Assquatch said:

I've been watching hockey a long time but its nuances evade me. Anything beyond "goals good; goals against bad" is over my head. Even I noticed how bad Tage was on a particular recent shift.

If the press-box carousel doesn't sit him next game, then it doesn't value things that happen on the ice first and foremost, which isn't a good way to run things IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.