GDT - The Dastardly Flyers @ The Sharper Than Expected Sabres - 1:00 PM (EST) / 2:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Our bottom 9 is uuuuuuuuugly today, assuming lines are the same as yesterday. 

They've gone 3 games without getting a goal while any of the bottom 9 forwards are on the ice. Will it be 4? 

And Zemgus on a defensive line >> Pominville on any non-Eichel-Skinner line 

or Vlad on any line 

or Tage on a defensive line 

I'd almost like to see the whole Nylander-Malone-Bailey line get promoted. Kind of a multi faceted good forechecking line.

You'd expect 3 games in 10 days to have your lineup healing, especially since we haven't played in 4

and we come out of that with the worst/most-injured lineup with the season so far. How does the injury situation get worse when we haven't even played 

I'm still really frustrated that we don't know why McCabe was upgraded, and Scandella is still out, these guys were slated to be back a week ago. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/buffalo-sabres/line-combinations/

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/philadelphia-flyers/line-combinations/

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
not sure why the links are not showing properly, probably because I'm an idiot

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It was the trade deadline day.  Miller and Ott were traded to St Louis a few days prior, I think.

I understand this, but a game against those dastardly Flyers is never 'just one game'.  Ever!!

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Buffalo_Sabres/2.    

Matt Moulson deal, Halak to WASH, and McNabb to the Kings.  Murray lost 2 of 3 that day.   One of his better days ?.

3 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_team/Buffalo_Sabres/2.    

Matt Moulson deal, Halak to WASH, and McNabb to the Kings.  Murray lost 2 of 3 that day.   One of his better days ?.

Lol I remember that deadline being pretty anticlimactic, why was THAT the day Sabrespace has never seen more traffic? 

I would have thought clinching last place, drafting Eichel, Eichel's first game would have drawn more

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Am I reading that correct that we have four AHL level (rated over 120 by position) forwards?

I have no idea how that works.  Shrader and I had a brief discussion about the fact that it makes no sense once you get past the top two lines on any team that you look up.

The most interesting thing is that they show that what's his name is playing today on D.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lol I remember that deadline being pretty anticlimactic, why was THAT the day Sabrespace has never seen more traffic? 

I would have thought clinching last place, drafting Eichel, Eichel's first game would have drawn more

Every body was embracing the, you know what, and was hoping to see every asset sold off to any bidder.  Yuch!!

1 minute ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I have no idea how that works.  Shrader and I had a brief discussion about the fact that it makes no sense once you get past the top two lines on any team that you look up.

The most interesting thing is that they show that what's his name is playing today on D.

Every body was embracing the, you know what, and was hoping to see every asset sold off to any bidder.  Yuch!!

But like that was the baby tank compared to the next season!

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Sean Couturier not expected to play today

That's not a bad thing for us.

Why mess with the fourth line?  Not scoring but playing well together.   Is the thought that Larsson can possibly get Tage involved offensively again?  And that Mitts was not doing it?

LW C RW Forwards
Jeff Skinner
JEFF SKINNER

Rating: 79.9#10 LW

Jack Eichel
JACK EICHEL

Rating: 80.1#20 C

Sam Reinhart
SAM REINHART

Rating: 76.3#26 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 78.78#14 FL1
Conor Sheary
CONOR SHEARY

Rating: 72.2#78 LW

Casey Mittelstadt
CASEY MITTELSTADT

Rating: 71.2#134 C

Jason Pominville
JASON POMINVILLE

Rating: 73.8#40 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 72.39#25 FL2
Vladimir Sobotka
VLADIMIR SOBOTKA

Rating: 68.3#180 LW

Evan Rodrigues
EVAN RODRIGUES

Rating: 70.7#88 C

Kyle Okposo
KYLE OKPOSO

Rating: 71.6#80 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 70.20#29 FL3
Tage Thompson
TAGE THOMPSON

Rating: 69.8#162 LW

Johan Larsson
JOHAN LARSSON

Rating: 67.5#143 C

Patrik Berglund
PATRIK BERGLUND

Rating: 72.6#92 RW

Edited by Broken Ankles

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

And the boy has a varsity game at 2pm.. of course.  So, we'll be missing this one.  Sigh.

Let's Go Buffalo!

What's our record when the Sabres are playind during your son's games, versus when you get to see them?

I'm compiling everyone's watch data, and you will be contacted with where you need to be for every Sabres game to maximize our chances shortly. 

:) 

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Why mess with the fourth line?  Not scoring but playing well together.   Is the thought that Larsson can possibly get Tage involved offensively again?  And that Mitts was not doing it?

LW C RW Forwards
Jeff Skinner
JEFF SKINNER

Rating: 79.9#10 LW

Jack Eichel
JACK EICHEL

Rating: 80.1#20 C

Sam Reinhart
SAM REINHART

Rating: 76.3#26 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 78.78#14 FL1
Conor Sheary
CONOR SHEARY

Rating: 72.2#78 LW

Casey Mittelstadt
CASEY MITTELSTADT

Rating: 71.2#134 C

Jason Pominville
JASON POMINVILLE

Rating: 73.8#40 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 72.39#25 FL2
Vladimir Sobotka
VLADIMIR SOBOTKA

Rating: 68.3#180 LW

Evan Rodrigues
EVAN RODRIGUES

Rating: 70.7#88 C

Kyle Okposo
KYLE OKPOSO

Rating: 71.6#80 RW

FL3 Rating
Rating: 70.20#29 FL3
Tage Thompson
TAGE THOMPSON

Rating: 69.8#162 LW

Johan Larsson
JOHAN LARSSON

Rating: 67.5#143 C

Patrik Berglund
PATRIK BERGLUND

Rating: 72.6#92 RW

Yeah, everything about the bottom nine doesn't make sense. Removing the boardwork abilites from line 2 to put a guy who's been useless away from Jack there submarines it, followed by a combination on the fourth line that history has shown will turn it from a 60% puck possession line to a 20% puck possession line, and a whole lot of bleh from line 3.

In fact, it make so little sense that I fully expect a 6-2 beatdown in which Jack's line scores zero of our six goals. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

What's our record when the Sabres are playind during your son's games, versus when you get to see them?

I'm compiling everyone's watch data, and you will be contacted with where you need to be for every Sabres game to maximize our chances shortly. 

?

It's not always the games... ?  There's actually only been two games.. Detroit SO win, Toronto OT loss... today is the third.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Since I've been here the most traffic day was the Dahlin lottery. Even had some old members come back 

45 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

You'd expect 3 games in 10 days to have your lineup healing, especially since we haven't played in 4

and we come out of that with the worst/most-injured lineup with the season so far. How does the injury situation get worse when we haven't even played 

I'm still really frustrated that we don't know why McCabe was upgraded, and Scandella is still out, these guys were slated to be back a week ago. 

Rumours on other forums going around Scandella is dealing with vertigo, but no way that is day to day then.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.