GDT - The Dastardly Flyers @ The Sharper Than Expected Sabres - 1:00 PM (EST) / 2:00 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

For the first time ever I am the only member signed on this fine morning.

+++++

This is what you wanted ... this is what you are going to get ...

Aaaaayyyyyyyy, Oh!!

Our beloved Sabres are taking on the most dastardly Flyers, AKA Cryers, in a nooner in Buffalo.  

The Sabres are a bit dull at the moment  with 4 Ls since the 10 game W streak that had visions of cusps, at least, dancing in the fans heads, but are still way further ahead than anyone expected this season.  Firmly in a playoff spot at this point and most importantly playing fun, entertaining and good hockey most of the time.  The Flyers have not been playing well lately, but always seem to get it going in games against the Sabres.  That won't happen today.  I expect a blow out win for the Sabres ... 6 - 2 ... and it will not be as close as it appears on the scoreboard.

My hatred of the Flyers (who will not be the most dastardly in a few days when we play the equally dastardly Bruins, who will become the most dastardly on that day ... the two teams are interchangeable) knows no bounds.  They all are, but his one really is a must win.  I don't care how it looks.

I think the game is on SN nationally in Canada, MSG and NBC, as well.  Of course, it will be on a radio, or satellite, near you.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

MUST WIN!! 

GO SABRES!!

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
welcome aboard ubkev ... I have Bosnian coffee on
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Whoa another afternoon game. Please may I have another like the Ottawa game massacre. 

Philly has a new GM and coach on the hot seat. They still have some talent and do play with a bit of a nasty edge aka cheap stuff not as nasty except for Gudas who deserves whatever he gets...

We can ground these Flyer's, come on boys time to put on a show for the home town fans.

Lets go Buff-a-lo!  

You know what else i love about our Sabres, we are the one of the few barns in the US of A that plays both Canadian and American national anthem's. And while I hate em when we play em i respect our fellow Canadian's. People are always surprised that I know Oh Canada and do sing along when opportunities present as I will if they show the anthem's  on TV.

A tip of the Molson to all my Canadian Sabre brethren... Afternoon drinking another great sport tradition.      

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Ph### the Phlyers and the dog they rode in on.

Now, Taro, I don't need to tell you that this is a ...

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The most users ever online at once was 1,801 on March 5, 2014 at 5:11 p.m.

The More You Know™

And the fewest were 0 (members, that is ... there are always 'guests' lazing about on a Sunday, or any other, afternoon ... ?) at 7:52 AM (NS time) this morning.  And then there was 1.

The Less You Know™

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I assume that's the day we traded Miller?

It was the trade deadline day.  Miller and Ott were traded to St Louis a few days prior, I think.

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I know it's just one game but in the context of losing 4 in a row it's really important we win this one 

I understand this, but a game against those dastardly Flyers is never 'just one game'.  Ever!!

Our bottom 9 is uuuuuuuuugly today, assuming lines are the same as yesterday. 

They've gone 3 games without getting a goal while any of the bottom 9 forwards are on the ice. Will it be 4? 

And Zemgus on a defensive line >> Pominville on any non-Eichel-Skinner line 

or Vlad on any line 

or Tage on a defensive line 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.