Wedgewood and Tennyson Called Up/Practice Report Friday 12/7/18.

Brawndo

41 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I swear people were talking like both McCabe and Scandella were going to play, like, back on the road trip we finished last week? 

And now we're watching Matt f****** Tennyson, worst defenseman to play on last year's ridiculously bad Sabres team?

Can somebody ask Phil for details beyond what half of the body people are injured in? 

I wish I could like this more than once

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

However, I don’t like the Tennyson recall.  He failed last year, why bring him back?  How about Guhle or even Borgen or Dougherty? Dougherty has 4 pts and a +8 in only 8 games since returning from injury.  Tennyson is -3 in his 8 games in Rochester ytd.  

Guhle's a lefty (like Beaulieu); Housley tries to keep lefty-righty, with a couple exceptions.  Borgen, Dougherty, and Tennyson are right shots.  Tennyson's the only one of the three who played in Buffalo at all last year, and when he did, Beaulieu proved to be his best partner in terms of CF%.  Make no mistake, I don't like Tennyson (his ice time is a tank symptom), but Housley likely sees him as more of a known quantity than Borgen or Dougherty, and whose development isn't going to be hurt by lots of call ups.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

44 minutes ago, slugspirit said:

On November 10th, the Sabres traded D Taylor Fedun to Dallas. Since that time, Scandella, Nelson, and McCabe have all joined Hunwick on the injury list.

Are we witnessing 'The Curse of Taylor Fedun'?

While the curse could be real, I actually think it is the Toronto based hockey g-ds who are punishing us for playing well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.