Wedgewood and Tennyson Called Up/Practice Report Friday 12/7/18.

Brawndo

Brayton J. WilsonVerified account @BJWilsonWGR 6m6 minutes ago
More#SabresBuffaloSabresNHL.png lines this morning:
Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart
Sheary-Mittelstadt-Pominville
Sobotka-Rodrigues-Okposo
Thompson-Larsson-Berglund
Dahlin-Bogosian
Pilut-Ristolainen
Beaulieu-Tennyson
Hunwick Still no Marco Scandella as well. He’s still day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

We need to win the next 3.  They are all winnable games against the Kings, Flyers and Yotes.  It would be nice if Scandella could get back in the lineup.

Wedgewood is just going to backup Ullmark

However, I don’t like the Tennyson recall.  He failed last year, why bring him back?  How about Guhle or even Borgen or Dougherty? Dougherty has 4 pts and a +8 in only 8 games since returning from injury.  Tennyson is -3 in his 8 games in Rochester ytd.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I would guess they don't actually believe Tennyson will play. He is warmups or practice injury insurance. They probably don't want to disrupt the younger guys down in Rochester. 

What makes you say that? It looks like Tennyson has a pretty solid shot of playing

26 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I hate those lines by the way. Thompson on the shutdown line is going to be awful

In 36 minutes of 5v5 ice time together Berglund and Tage have been on the ice for 3 goals against, no goals for, and a sterling 30% of shot attempts, 17% of shots on goal, 9% of high danger chances 

In 125 minutes with Zemgus, 10&28 have been on the ice for 3GF and 5GA, 57% Corsi, 56% shots, 63% high danger chances

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

I swear people were talking like both McCabe and Scandella were going to play, like, back on the road trip we finished last week? 

And now we're watching Matt f****** Tennyson, worst defenseman to play on last year's ridiculously bad Sabres team?

Can somebody ask Phil for details beyond what half of the body people are injured in? 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We need to win the next 3.  They are all winnable games against the Kings, Flyers and Yotes.  It would be nice if Scandella could get back in the lineup.

Wedgewood is just going to backup Ullmark

However, I don’t like the Tennyson recall.  He failed last year, why bring him back?  How about Guhle or even Borgen or Dougherty? Dougherty has 4 pts and a +8 in only 8 games since returning from injury.  Tennyson is -3 in his 8 games in Rochester ytd.  

Yes, yes and yes. 

I also agree with must wins for the next 3. I look ahead at the schedule and have been watching other teams in our conference and division on Center ice on our off nights.

I have been waiting for that annual separation to occur between the pretenders and the real good solid teams. Funny thing is I do not see it quite happening yet. Sure their still are the really really good teams( TB, Nashville, maybe Washington, Col TO) but it is really looking like parity may have arrived and a lot of middling teams can win on any night.

So if we really want to be a Playoff team we have to be better than all the other middle of the pack teams....Boston, FLA, Det, Montreal, Columbus, Pens, NYI, NYR....        

Edited by R_Dudley
update

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.