Jump to content
tom webster

Kim Pegula - NHL Commissioner?

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, ... said:

She'd be the most attractive commissioner that ever there was.

I think that Mr. Smell would be all over this, as well.  He is (or at least was) smitten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part about reading all of the industry information are the statements about how well respected she has become.  That's huge for Buffalo just as much as it is for her.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think that Mr. Smell would be all over this, as well.  He is (or at least was) smitten.

The months and years following 2.22.11 have quite taken the shine off my fascination with the former Ms Kerr. Too many uninspiring creative choices to recall at this point. I get the sense that she functions well as an executive. I just don't think she has a vision, or many ideas, that are interesting or compelling to me.

Of course, if the team starts winning, then all of that stuff gets forgotten.

She, of course, remains awfully purdy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SDS said:

Was it announced that Bettman is going somewhere? Don’t vampires live forever?

So long as he can keep consuming human blood, then yes. 

The lockout should buy him another decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Regarded as one of the most powerful women in sports

And the most powerful woman in @That Aud Smell's dreams...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sabills said:

Seems like a conflict of interest to have an owner as commissioner.

Bud Selig owned the Brewers while commissioner of MLB. He did "retire" his control obviously but he still owned the team.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ... said:

She'd be the most attractive commissioner that ever there was.

 

8 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I think that Mr. Smell would be all over this, as well.  He is (or at least was) smitten.

 

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

She, of course, remains awfully purdy.

 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

And the most powerful woman in @That Aud Smell's dreams...

 

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Well she's a damn better sight than Gary isn't she. She's got my vote.

I want all of you to concentrate on a mental image of Gary Bettman's naked wrinkled junk as penance for bringing up a person's attractiveness in the same conversation as their professional qualifications for NHL Commissioner.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

 

 

 

 

I want all of you to concentrate on a mental image of Gary Bettman's naked wrinkled junk as penance for bringing up a person's attractiveness in the same conversation as their professional qualifications for NHL Commissioner.

Not totally unfair.

You cut out the part where I said she’s a capable executive, though.

Also, I consider my odes to her beauty pretty benign. They are more tame than how my sister talks about Justin Trudeau.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I want all of you to concentrate on a mental image of Gary Bettman's naked wrinkled junk as penance for bringing up a person's attractiveness in the same conversation as their professional qualifications for NHL Commissioner.

Even I find this offensive 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

 

 

 

 

I want all of you to concentrate on a mental image of Gary Bettman's naked wrinkled junk as penance for bringing up a person's attractiveness in the same conversation as their professional qualifications for NHL Commissioner.

All I did was comment upon Aud Smell's crush.  Penance refused.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I want all of you to concentrate on a mental image of Gary Bettman's naked wrinkled junk as penance for bringing up a person's attractiveness in the same conversation as their professional qualifications for NHL Commissioner.

You brought up her gender.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

The nuclear event that you may have heard about in Pennsylvania was not a terrorist attack or a nuclear meltdown. It was PA's head exploding. 

More seriously, is it even possible for an owner to be commissioner? 

Nah, I don't care. Kim's harmless. I don't agree with the writer's characterization that she "runs" the Buffalo Sabres, distinct from business operations. I sure as hell hope that falls to Jason Botterill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You brought up her gender.

Nah, I don't care. Kim's harmless. I don't agree with the writer's characterization that she "runs" the Buffalo Sabres, distinct from business operations. I sure as hell hope that falls to Jason Botterill.

So acknowledging that she's a woman is an open invitation to make comments on her appearance? That's pretty messed up, dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sabills said:

So acknowledging that she's a woman is an open invitation to make comments on her appearance? That's pretty messed up, dude.

You interpretation is pretty messed up. Her gender shouldn't make her appointment as commissioner "great." It shouldn't have anything to do with it. That's the way progressive people in 2018 want it. Her appearance also has nothing to do with anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You interpretation is pretty messed up. Her gender shouldn't make her appointment as commissioner "great." It shouldn't have anything to do with it. That's the way progressive people in 2018 want it. Her appearance also has nothing to do with anything.

Her gender doesn't have anything to do with if she is capable or not, absolutely. That also doesn't mean that we can't acknowledge that a woman having that sort of power in the EXTREMELY male dominated field of sports wouldn't be a huge deal. Maybe it SHOULDN'T be, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be. This is the difference between equality and equity. The idea of equality is flawed in that it assumes that everyone starts from zero and is equal from the start. That ignores the fact that being a minority, whether thats gender or race or sexual identity, means starting out at a distinct disadvantage. Sports ownership and executive powers have long been dominated by straight white men, a woman of color taking the reigns would be a massive accomplishment.


Physics was pointing out that a handful of poster's initial reactions to this news was to immediately comment that KP is hot. Already, those people are ignoring her abilities and instead talking about her looks. You saying "well YOU mentioned she's a woman" implies that you think her being a woman means she, what, deserves to be judged on her appearance? The mere mention of her gender is enough to warrant those sort of comments? If I'm reading that wrong, what DID you mean?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sabills said:

Her gender doesn't have anything to do with if she is capable or not, absolutely. That also doesn't mean that we can't acknowledge that a woman having that sort of power in the EXTREMELY male dominated field of sports wouldn't be a huge deal. Maybe it SHOULDN'T be, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be. This is the difference between equality and equity. The idea of equality is flawed in that it assumes that everyone starts from zero and is equal from the start. That ignores the fact that being a minority, whether thats gender or race or sexual identity, means starting out at a distinct disadvantage. Sports ownership and executive powers have long been dominated by straight white men, a woman of color taking the reigns would be a massive accomplishment.


Physics was pointing out that a handful of poster's initial reactions to this news was to immediately comment that KP is hot. Already, those people are ignoring her abilities and instead talking about her looks. You saying "well YOU mentioned she's a woman" implies that you think her being a woman means she, what, deserves to be judged on her appearance? The mere mention of her gender is enough to warrant those sort of comments? If I'm reading that wrong, what DID you mean?

I meant that they brought up something that shouldn't be part of the discussion and so did he. You're straining to make me look bad. I can handle that on my own.

18 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I want all of you to concentrate on a mental image of Gary Bettman's naked wrinkled junk as penance for bringing up a person's attractiveness gender in the same conversation as their professional qualifications for NHL Commissioner.

Doesn't the edit from the original make just as much sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×