Practice Report:​​​​​​​ Today, 12-06-2018

WildCard

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Bill Hoppe‏ @BillHoppeNHL 39s40 seconds ago: So Jack Eichel and Zach Bogosian also aren't practicing today.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Also, does anyone know what Jack may have done to his arm/elbow? It looked like he hit a funny bone or something, because barely anything happened and then he was suddenly holding it very gingerly

Flagg's question isn't exactly inspiring confidence right now

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Flagg's question isn't exactly inspiring confidence right now

Jack's fine, he scored one if not both of his goals after that happened. He's definitely just resting because he's played a crap-ton of hockey the past few weeks. I'm just curious if anyone has asked/heard about what happened there.

30 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I wonder why Marty Biron doesn't offer his services as emergency back-up goalie.  He's at (or close by) to every home game and is already on the payroll.  He's capable and it would make a great story he could share on the post game show.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

I wonder why Marty Biron doesn't offer his services as emergency back-up goalie.  He's at (or close by) to every home game and is already on the payroll.  He's capable and it would make a great story he could share on the post game show.

No he's not. He'd tell you himself that he's not remotely in shape enough for that. 

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

WTF is with the setback to McCabe's recovery? The guy was supposed to be ready by now

That was my first thought too.  What a big piece he has become on the blueline.  Even though all top 7 or so guys have been playing well this is not a guy I want out long term.

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

It seems like it could be a big conflict of interest seeing as how he's a part of the media now, granted he is a team employee.  Also, once you walk away from the game, I'd imagine that players would want to avoid doing something that might give them the itch.

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

No he's not. He'd tell you himself that he's not remotely in shape enough for that. 

The likelihood that he would ever play is remote even if he had to dress.  To sit on the bench and open the door, I'm in good enough shape for that at 57.  On second thought, I may pull a triceps muscle with the door.?

11 minutes ago, shrader said:

It seems like it could be a big conflict of interest seeing as how he's a part of the media now, granted he is a team employee.  Also, once you walk away from the game, I'd imagine that players would want to avoid doing something that might give them the itch.

The emergency goalie needs to be in shape and playing regularly in local elite level league.... source: my adult league goalie is one of the emergency's for the Kings.    The Kings check up on him on a regular basis to make sure he's still in game shape and injury free.     They actually have 4 emergency goalies.    Each game there's 1 for the Kings and 1 for the away team, and they split the games in half throughout the season so he gets to go to half the home games.     He parks under the Staples Center and keeps his gear in his car during the games.    He's only been called on once and didn't even need to dress, just be on standby with his gear bag in a changing room.    He doesn't get any gear from the Kings, nor does he get to dress in the locker room.    He gets 2 tickets in the lower bowl with all-access arena pass, free food, etc.          

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tondas said:

The likelihood that he would ever play is remote even if he had to dress.  To sit on the bench and open the door, I'm in good enough shape for that at 57.  On second thought, I may pull a triceps muscle with the door.?

I wonder if his status as a former player might impact things as well.  There could very well be some CBA issues on this one.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.