GDT - Maple Leaves @ Sabres - December 4, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, MODO Hockey said:

I dont, just because Auston is soĀ  much better than Jack and that is just how it is imo. Jack isnt any bigger threat than any other talanted player, but he isnt a threat like Auston is, he is just so much better.

Idk about that. Matthews is a better goal scorer sure. But all around? I don't think so

Just now, WildCard said:

Upset I missed this one but glad to see Jack still hates the Leafs

Our schedule gets way easier now. Let's come out angry and have another runĀ 

You had time today to look up what in the world a "big time throw" meant but not carve out time for Sabres-Leafs? You better have been being questioned by the police for something.

2 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I dont, just because Auston is soĀ  much better than Jack and that is just how it is imo. Jack isnt any bigger threat than any other talanted player, but he isnt a threat like Auston is, he is just so much better.

Disagree.Ā  Eichel, IMO, is a better total player.Ā Ā 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

You had time today to look up what in the world a "big time throw" meant but not carve out time for Sabres-Leafs? You better have been being questioned by the police for something.

The warrents out there sure but so far I've avoided that oneĀ 

But nope, had rec volleyball. Caught the first two periods onlyĀ 

3 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Don't really see that at all; Matthews is a great player and as is Eichel. Matthews is more a goal scorer while Eichel is more a play maker. Both wouldn't be considered handsome by many.Ā 

3 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Ā 

Did you see how often the Sabres pinned the Leafs in their zone when Matthews was on the ice tonight?

5 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Disagree.Ā  Eichel, IMO, is a better total player.Ā Ā 

Doesnt matter if he cant score or end games like Auston can, which means he isnt a bigger threat than Auston is. We disagree, but im having a hard time seeing Jack ever outscore Auston, and to me ending games like Auston can is a bigger threat than Jack to oposit team fans.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Risto and Pilut played against Matthews a lot. And were awesome. I'd leave those guys be.Ā 

And Dahlin was sublime tonight.Ā 

Our first line scored all three goals. The rest of the forward group is, once again, drying up. Guys named Reinhart, Skinner, or Jack haven't scored for three straight games now.Ā 

Its strange how Pilut and Risto as a pair actually seem to work extremely well together.Ā 

Not sure where it will sit when all the scores are in, but Samā€™s two points tonight temporarily moved him into the NHLā€™s top 50 in scoring, while Jackā€™s put him into the top 10.

The last fewĀ games showed me that the difference between us and the real contenders is Mittelstadt and Thompson coming into their own.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I need some time off from this team. Iā€™ll catch you guys in a bit.

They just went toe to toe with one of the biggest cup favorites in the league....on a back to back with the road team sitting there waiting....with some injuries on the back end including playing with 5 D (two of which have less than 30 games nhl experience). Ā I was worried we were going to get blown out but easily could have won and got aĀ point. Ā Huge heart they showed imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.