GDT - Maple Leaves @ Sabres - December 4, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST)

Sabres Fan in NS

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'll say. I mean sure it sucks to lose with 2.7 seconds left in OT, but I can't imagine being down after this game. We went toe-to-toe with one of the best 4 teams in the league, Eichel scored 2 goals, we controlled OT outside of 1 shift. All while playing most of the game with 5 D. I'm way more encouraged about the Sabres tonight than after some of the wins during the streak.

This right here says it all. Our boys are hanging tough with top teams. Within striking distance every game. They're getting better. Players like Eichel, Risto, Dahlin.....they don't like to lose.

Where many get pissed and despair, I see light at the end of the tunnel.

All eyes now turn to Botterill. We have great reserves of young, developing talent in conjunction with high round draft picks. This team needs this season to develop, but, its leaders on the ice need to see Botterill believes in them.

It is time to make a move Botterill. And not a rental, but a hockey trade.

Imho.

Sucks Buffalo lost, but it’s nice to see Toronto fans saying good things about the Sabres.  

From HF Boards - Toronto - 

“I am very impressed by the sabres. That team is going to be really good for years. Dahlin is going to be a super star. He is just too good; really elite D-man. Reminds me of Lindstrom's shiftiness and calm”

Edited by GoPre

Matthews and the Leafs can burn in hell.

Why didn't Sobotka just stand up Matthews there; no reason not to take a penalty at that point.

Great game by the Sabres though, they deserved to win the OT by far. Leafs got a lucky bounce on the tying goal and Matthews "caught" the puck on his goal and shouldn't of counted.

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm not saying anyone should be happy they lost. But man, there is way more good to pull out of this game than bad. 

I appreciate your attitude. I am grumpy bc I had a bad night as fan. I should be benched. I have a serious winning streak hangover; I could never get the radio and TV synched up; I was so pissed at the Toronto fans; the site was loading slow; and I just never had the feeling they were going to win.

2 minutes ago, Jacque Richard said:

Somebody answer this.  Why is the lower bowl full of leaf fans, what a joke.

It deserves a thread.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont like the 3 on 3 OT, it's basically one side skating around looking to shoot while the other team bunches up in front of the net looking to block the shot until a puck gets loose and they can get it. It's like if you dont have the puck, your trying to kill a non existent penalty...

The coaches have gotten their silky mitts on it.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I appreciate your attitude. I am grumpy bc I had a bad night as fan. I should be benched. I have a serious winning streak hangover; I could never get the radio and TV synched up; I was so pissed at the Toronto fans; the site was loading slow; and I just never had the feeling they were going to win.

It deserves a thread.

The coaches have gotten their silky mitts on it.

If it makes you feel any better (it won't), my NBCSN stream kept locking up every 5 minutes and I had to refresh my browser. I didn't even know Toronto had opened the scoring until after the following faceoff.

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Great game by the Sabres though, they deserved to win the OT by far. Leafs got a lucky bounce on the tying goal and Matthews "caught" the puck on his goal and shouldn't of counted.

I thought so too. The territorial advantage gained from the area of the Sabre's helmet to well behind the goal is way too much. You have to drop the puck immediately to the ice.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

There are quite a few season tickets owned by Ticket Brokers in the lower bowl, which contributes to the problem 

I'd love to drill into this. Is the problem mainly brokers? Is there anything the Pegulas can do about it? Or is it mainly "fans"?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.